Taco Bell

mogandave

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, from what I'm seeing, Taco Bell U.S. does NOT use canned frijoles for their product. Instead, they appear to use a bagged version of dehydrated pinto beans that they then "cook" at their shops....

Assuming that's true, it would cut way down or freight and waste.

I wouldn't be surprised if the beef were powdered as well....

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, from what I'm seeing, Taco Bell U.S. does NOT use canned frijoles for their product. Instead, they appear to use a bagged version of dehydrated pinto beans that they then "cook" at their shops....

b.b.but...if it's true that TB frijoles come dried in a bag and are reconstituted on site then why aren't they available in Thailand? easy enough to ship over a few containers and provide instructions in the local language...no need fer a local supplier...

there's no excuse not to have beans, smells like a local fascist/nationalist conspiracy to subvert wholesome american fast food cuisine in the name of preserving local values...

meanwhile downtown some large dudes with automatic weapons, ski masks and sweatshirts emblazoned with 'FLF (Falang Liberation Front 'we've had enough!')' burst in upon the TB premises and shout in broken thai language 'restore the beef and beans or face the consequences!' and then shoot up the illustrated menu behind the counter...

Perhaps Taco Bell needs to re-purpose their latest "find the missing nacho fries" TV commercial to be a "find the missing beef and beans" commercial.....  Just a bit of video editing would do the trick!!!

136518748_2019-02-1603_03_25.jpg.0494629c1c0778e2490629cfa3ba64b1.jpg

1301378553_2019-02-1603_11_52.jpg.dd546984e983ac7dd1213f16978172e3.jpg

Yes, Taco Bell is known for their French Fries....

The nacho fries are pretty good. But I thought they were just a Bangkok specific product. I didn’t realize they sold them in the US as well.

This thread is like being on one of those petulant teenagers forums "I'm soooo over <insert mobile phone brand name here>!  They changed the colour of the contacts icon!  That's it, I'm changing to <insert different mobile phone brand here>! 

You survived without Taco Bell for however long you've been here, you'll continue to survive with Taco Bell minus beef and beans for however long you remain.  Get over it.

6 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

This thread is like being on one of those petulant teenagers forums "I'm soooo over <insert mobile phone brand name here>!  They changed the colour of the contacts icon!  That's it, I'm changing to <insert different mobile phone brand here>! 

You survived without Taco Bell for however long you've been here, you'll continue to survive with Taco Bell minus beef and beans for however long you remain.  Get over it.

What's wrong with a little friendly banter? Much more fun than going on and on about how stupid tRump is or (worse) the horrors of Brexit.

So what phone did you end up going with when they changed the color (colour?)  of your contacts icon?

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

You survived without Taco Bell for however long you've been here, you'll continue to survive with Taco Bell minus bee and beans for however long you remain.  Get over it.

When Taco bell goes out of business in Thailand they can say so we dont  serve beef and beans get over it.....Just because were one of the very very few Taco Bells in the world that does not serve beef and beans thats your problem..... 

Taco Bell can then resell the franchise and and the next franchise owner can make bank with beef and beans...

3 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Also people have waited a loooooooong time for Taco Bell to open in Thailand only to be served Fake-O-Bell...

They deserve every drop of bad press , scorn ,bad vibes from social media they get.....

And you know what? Its not going to stop ever until #1 they serve Beef and Beans....Or .#2 They file for bankruptcy..... 

Also people have waited a loooooooong time for Taco Bell to open in Thailand only to be served Fake-O-Bell...
They deserve every drop of bad press , scorn ,bad vibes from social media they get.....
And you know what? Its not going to stop ever until #1 they serve Beef and Beans....Or .#2 They file for bankruptcy..... 

Yes, all that bad press is killing them...

IMG_3425.JPG

On 2/14/2019 at 5:57 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, in one of my several DM exchanges with Taco Thailand on their FB page over the weeks, I at one point gently and politely prodded them over the lack of vegetarian choices on their menu, and pointed out that adding beans and bean burritos would at least be a step in that direction.

And, their response was to point out that they offer cheese quesadillas on the menu, to which I responded by pointing out that a lot of people who don't eat meat also choose not to eat dairy products.... So the cheese quesadilla really wouldn't work for those folks...

They didn't seem willing to engage on the vegetarian issue much beyond that... Apparently, their market research has also informed them that Thais aren't interested in vegetarian choices either!!!  :biggrin:

???? far too much time on your hands.

7 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

https://pantip.com/topic/38490017

This is why Taco Bell will be a big failure because the Thais think the same as the farangs about the no beef no bean menu.......

Loads of w-t-f comments......You need google translate because its all in Thai....LOL    

Yeah, 25 people comenting on a website will drive them out of business...

Next

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, 25 people comenting on a website will drive them out of business...

Next

For every person who posts thousands do not post who think the same.....

Taco Bell in Thailand needs to see a doctor because they have a hearing problem.....A beef a bean problem.....

For every person who posts thousands do not post who think the same.....
Taco Bell in Thailand needs to see a doctor because they have a hearing problem.....A beef a bean problem.....

So 25,000 out of a city of 15,000,000...

You have no reason to believe they are not listening and have no plans to add beef and or beans.

How long has it been?

How long do you think it takes to implement a chine like that?

How long does it take to get a container from the US?

Perhaps you think they should run down to Villa Market, buy some beef and beans, have the local staff whip up the new products and just mark up the menus with magic markers....,

On 2/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, fforest1 said:

Give it time the newness will wear off and the lines will go down...Way down....

MOS burger also started with long queue's...they opened many branches....they hired stupid staff, quality went down, customers never returned...they closed their branches.....

28 minutes ago, fruitman said:

MOS burger also started with long queue's...they opened many branches....they hired stupid staff, quality went down, customers never returned...they closed their branches.....

IMHO. I thought MOS was crap from the gate, never did see the attraction. Didn't even notice they were gone. 

At least the food Taco Bell IS selling is reasonably tasty. 

32 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

IMHO. I thought MOS was crap from the gate, never did see the attraction. Didn't even notice they were gone. 

At least the food Taco Bell IS selling is reasonably tasty. 

I really loved those small MOS-burgers with a thick slice of good tomato....but once i got one with a large piece of very chewy meat in it, that slipped through the mincer i guess but i 've never been back there. Also their staff became very arrogant and stupid. But all those fastfood chains have the same problem which is the staff...they can't speak english, are not serviceminded, have no manager, no education and no manners.

20 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I really loved those small MOS-burgers with a thick slice of good tomato....but once i got one with a large piece of very chewy meat in it, that slipped through the mincer i guess but i 've never been back there. Also their staff became very arrogant and stupid. But all those fastfood chains have the same problem which is the staff...they can't speak english, are not serviceminded, have no manager, no education and no manners.

Yeah, in the US fast-food workers are all highly educated, well mannered, service-minded and speak multiple languages...

My experience with the staff at fast-food restaurants in Thailand has been that they are generally friendly and well mannered. I do not expect them to speak English.

In Thailand even more so than other countries, I am often reminded of the verse: "Whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap."

53 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, in the US fast-food workers are all highly educated, well mannered, service-minded and speak multiple languages...

My experience with the staff at fast-food restaurants in Thailand has been that they are generally friendly and well mannered. I do not expect them to speak English.

In Thailand even more so than other countries, I am often reminded of the verse: "Whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap."

Well even the customers in the US aren't the brightest lights.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Well even the customers in the US aren't the brightest lights.

No doubt that wherever you come from only really smart people eat at American fast-food joints. 

It's funny how many countries couldn't even come up with their own crappy fast-food joints, they sit around and wait for McDonald's or some other American crap to show up and feed them. Must be because they are all so smart...

When I take my kid to McDonald's here, the westerners in line almost always seem to be Europeans, almost never see Americans there.

Archived