BANGKOK 19 July 2019 17:52

Come on.....I did not mean 10% literally....of course that would be ridiculous....

What did you mean, that 10% of the Thais claiming to have eaten Taco Bell in the US were disappointed that beef and beans were not on the menu?

Again, not a fan of Taco Bell but the place was packed and people were lined up waiting to get in, so whatever social media was doing, it does not seem to be hurting sales...

Incidentally, it was right across the aisle from a big scudrucks that was almost empty...

14 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What did you mean, that 10% of the Thais claiming to have eaten Taco Bell in the US were disappointed that beef and beans were not on the menu?

Again, not a fan of Taco Bell but the place was packed and people were lined up waiting to get in, so whatever social media was doing, it does not seem to be hurting sales...

Incidentally, it was right across the aisle from a big scudrucks that was almost empty...

Give it time the newness will wear off and the lines will go down...Way down....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

Doesn't matter.  I told them I wanted my Whopper extra hot.  They said it was hot enough already.

Quit your bitchin'. You can at least have one for gods sake, hot or not. A tepid Whopper is better than no whopper at all.

Give it time the newness will wear off and the lines will go down...Way down....

Yes, all the US fast food companies are failing.

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Got news to report. Looks like Taco Thailand is moving quickly... Today, I saw evidence that they're soon going to be opening another presumably bean-less, beef-less branch on the ground floor inside Siam Paragon...

Yum! Alley Trifecta: KFC, TB, BK. Taco Bell taking over the Mos Burger spot.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Quit your bitchin'. You can at least have one for gods sake, hot or not. A tepid Whopper is better than no whopper at all.

Listen up. The poster boy for healthy eating has spoken.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The poster boy for healthy eating has spoken.

One willingly accepts ones lardassessness or one is forced not to. I lose.

16 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

One willingly accepts ones lardassessness or one is forced not to. I lose.

A wordsmith into the bargain.

OK

Thanks anyway.     Maybe another poster can be a little more enlightening.     I did  address your post when you said "if you liked it in the US you’ll like it better here, although they do not seem to offer beef."

Anyone else able to make a comparison?    I liked Taco Bell in the US so I wonder why I'm likely to like it more here.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be an a-hole.

It was meant sort of tongue-in-cheek, as the longer I am here, the better much of the crappy food tastes to me.

I could count on my hands the number of times I ate at McDonald’s in the US, but it got to be something of a treat here after a while.

Same with KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Carl’s Jr., Sizzler and most recently Taco Bell. I would not eat at any of these places in the US, but the longer I’m here, the better they get.

As far as Taco Bell food here, my wife liked the crispy tacos, my boy had a burrito and nachos, and I had the chicken Crunchwrap Supreme that I enjoyed.

The nacho chips were fresh and crispy and the guacamole was good.

The burrito my boy had was pretty good.

Everything seemed fresh and tasty to me, but I’m not that picky.

Again, not a fan of Taco Bell in the US, but I enjoyed it here.
  • Like 1

I've never been to a Taco Bell.  But I am intrigued after so many people rave about it on here.

Does anyone know if there are still long queues or has it died down?  I am tempted to try it but not if it means queueing up for it.

I've never been to a Taco Bell.  But I am intrigued after so many people rave about it on here.

Does anyone know if there are still long queues or has it died down?  I am tempted to try it but not if it means queueing up for it.

No line today

“La Monita” at Paragon has beef, beans and more “authentic” Mexican food if that is what one was expecting at Taco Bell.