Taco Bell

mogandave

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

I really loved those small MOS-burgers with a thick slice of good tomato....but once i got one with a large piece of very chewy meat in it, that slipped through the mincer i guess but i 've never been back there. Also their staff became very arrogant and stupid. But all those fastfood chains have the same problem which is the staff...they can't speak english, are not serviceminded, have no manager, no education and no manners.

Why do you have an unrealistic expectation that young, minimum wage Thai staff at a US based fast food franchises, should speak English? 

It's a fast food joint, not int'l relations at the UN.  Point at the stupid photo and say, "Num-bah Tree Peas" (or whatever).  If they ask you, "Sue-pah Sie, Suh?".  Don't panic, just say No. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do you have an unrealistic expectation that young, minimum wage Thai staff at a US based fast food franchises, should speak English? 

It's a fast food joint, not int'l relations at the UN.  Point at the stupid photo and say, "Num-bah Tree Peas" (or whatever).  If they ask you, "Sue-pah Sie, Suh?".  Don't panic, just say No. 

He doesn’t understand why when he tries to order a BigMac with the cheese folded over onto one side, lettuce only on the opposite side, no pickles and extra thousand island dressing on the side they never get it right.

They also refuse to accept the Australian discount coupons he found on the internet...

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

They ask much more...youaaa ly supaaa sy mai? You ea ea eat heee? And then mostly the oldest one is called who has to take over because they see my face not understanding a word of it.....sooo strange and soo hard to say.

And no of course the Thai staff at Mac Donalds doesn't need to speak english, even the reception at large hospitals can't or the security/police in the malls. So why would they?

That's why i hope the staff at Taco Bell can speak english...they are at Mercury place where loads of foreigners go to shop in Central Chidlom or stay in a 5* hotel. But hey, who cares for customers or quality tourists? Only there money counts.

4 minutes ago, fruitman said:

They ask much more...youaaa ly supaaa sy mai? You ea ea eat heee? And then mostly the oldest one is called who has to take over because they see my face not understanding a word of it.....sooo strange and soo hard to say.

And no of course the Thai staff at Mac Donalds doesn't need to speak english, even the reception at large hospitals can't or the security/police in the malls. So why would they?

That's why i hope the staff at Taco Bell can speak english...they are at Mercury place where loads of foreigners go to shop in Central Chidlom or stay in a 5* hotel. But hey, who cares for customers or quality tourists? Only there money counts.

It must be hard going through life being Fruitman.

Yes, most tourists are much too smart to be able point at an item on a menu card...

32 minutes ago, fruitman said:

The oldest one they call over must be thinking, "Jeez, it's THIS guy, again".  ????

I know what you're saying though, I get it.  But come on brudda, we be educated, well-traveled Westerners from advanced countries.  Surely we can suss out how to procure a Big Mac from a Thai teenager standing inside a McDonalds, wearing a McDonald's uniform, selling Big Macs. 

Edit:  Try having fun with it next time you go to McDonalds.  Ask them for a Double Whopper with cheese, hold the onions. 

1 hour ago, camble said:

I walked by this afternoon, the queue waiting to get in was two dozen people, all Thai.  I'll try again next month.

Agree on principle.  I hit a Taco Bell once on trips to the US, but it's not something I would stand in line for.  Certainly not without beef and beans.  Once they sort that out, and the "new" factor dies down, I'll stop in when I'm in BKK.

Screw this I am thinking of setting up a stand right out side of every Taco Bell they open.....We will just be selling Bean and Beef burritos and Tacos...

Business should be great......

My Business will be called Beef-O-Bell Mexican food....

23 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

When I take my kid to McDonald's here, the westerners in line almost always seem to be Europeans, almost never see Americans there.

Thats becasue I can go every day in the USA. Even if I dont want to. 

6am, sunrise over the Coast, Egg McMuffin in hand.....

7 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I dont see any beef or refried beans on that blanket...

Maybe because whoever used it isn't a sloppy eater?

(The blanket image came from the Taco Bell US site.  I'd complain to them if I was you.)

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

So has any one been to Fake-O-Bell yet? I mean Taco Bell yet?

Yes i did, not bad but also not super delicious...very salty, spicy and not much vegy...but sure edible.

Only didn't like the very loud K-pop but there were only teenagers in there.

If you see a long queue you just walk out of the mall and take the entrance from the street....

23 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Poor dude, wants to go but he’s talked so much smack he can’t.....

Good chicken and pork burritos...

lol.....Hell I would not even make a special 2 hour trip to Bangkok for even the real Taco Bell...

gotta have them beans...

do they got real flour tortillas for the burritos or those rubbery things that are an unreasonable facsimile thereof?

gonna come to BKK soon, needa get a new passport...if there's long queue then gonna havta appear to be infirm with an assistant 'comin' thru, sick old man, sick old man, comin' thru' and then once I'm seated 'go get me a couple o' dem pork burritos and a diet coke...' and then there shall be an assessment from a 50 year Taco Bell veteran which I shall then post here for sympathetic perusal...

1 hour ago, tutsiwarrior said:

if there's long queue then gonna havta appear to be infirm with an assistant 'comin' thru, sick old man, sick old man, comin' thru' and then once I'm seated

Wont happen some Chinese dude will knock you down.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Wont happen some Chinese dude will knock you down.

many years ago in SF CA after the subway opened folks would get annoyed with 'fresh off the boat' chinese that would try that shit...the asians couldn't understand the unpleasantness and traditional 'loss of face' appeared and then savage reciprocal trampling ensued...the SFPD had to hire chinese for the transport police to establish order...

7 hours ago, Youlike said:

Yes i did, not bad but also not super delicious...very salty, spicy and not much vegy...but sure edible.

Only didn't like the very loud K-pop but there were only teenagers in there.

If you see a long queue you just walk out of the mall and take the entrance from the street....

The blaring music is really kind of strange....I dont think I have been in any other fast food franchise in Thailand that had blasting music and I am pretty sure most had no music at all....

I have also been in loads of Taco Bells in America and I dont recall much of any kind of music there either.....Does loud music influence what you eat? 

33 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

many years ago in SF CA after the subway opened folks would get annoyed with 'fresh off the boat' chinese that would try that shit...the asians couldn't understand the unpleasantness and traditional 'loss of face' appeared and then savage reciprocal trampling ensued...the SFPD had to hire chinese for the transport police to establish order...

I bump them, step on their feet, shove them, trip them...Im at war. I hear Chinese and I get ready. Yesterday in Ayyuthaya I made a whole team of them with a flag leader get out of my way. I pride myself on being a nice guy, but you have to fight fire with fire. If we all did it, they would learn manners.

Archived