BANGKOK 19 July 2019 16:55

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

“La Monita” at Paragon has beef, beans and more “authentic” Mexican food if that is what one was expecting at Taco Bell.

La Monita's fine, albeit, usually more expensive at their Paragon branch than their original Ploenchit branch.

But regarding Taco Thailand, I wasn't expecting "authentic" Mexican food, because that's not what even Taco Bell in the U.S. does.   Here in Thailand, I was ONLY expecting "authentic" Taco Bell food, and sadly thus far, Taco Thailand hasn't gotten very close to that as yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

La Monita's fine, albeit, usually more expensive at their Paragon branch than their original Ploenchit branch.

But regarding Taco Thailand, I wasn't expecting "authentic" Mexican food, because that's not what even Taco Bell in the U.S. does.   Here in Thailand, I was ONLY expecting "authentic" Taco Bell food, and sadly thus far, Taco Thailand hasn't gotten very close to that as yet.

You (apparently) haven't even tried it, yet you claim to know what it is and is not. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

You (apparently) haven't even tried it, yet you claim to know what it is and is not. 

It's NOT beef and NOT beans, as I and everyone else here knows by now...

In my book, that makes it Taco Thailand, not Taco Bell....

On 2/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, fforest1 said:

That was the worst social media massacre I have ever seen a company receive on the internet......    

Couldn't have said it better myself. Agree 100%... Amazing...  :cheesy:

On 2/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, fforest1 said:

I just dont get the no bean thing.....Beans are the cheapest ingredient in Mexican food....A whole lot cheaper than chicken, pork, sour cream, avocados etc.... 

Its not rocket science cheaper food ingredients = higher profits

Yes, but they did "market research"...  extensive "market research" to ensure they knew exactly what Thais wanted...  

Perhaps next time, they ought to hire a market research firm or consultant that has some clue of what they're doing and what customers (Thai and farang alike) are going to expect a Taco Bell to be.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's NOT beef and NOT beans, as I and everyone else here knows by now...

In my book, that makes it Taco Thailand, not Taco Bell....

You should tell them, or better, go on trip advisor and trash them without ever going. 

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, but they did "market research"...  extensive "market research" to ensure they knew exactly what Thais wanted...  

Perhaps next time, they ought to hire a market research firm or consultant that has some clue of what they're doing and what customers (Thai and farang alike) are going to expect a Taco Bell to be.

Yes, hire a firm that will restructure their product offering because some old expat that represents (probably) less than half a percent of their potential market refuses to try it. 

It's brilliant!

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Yes, hire a firm that will restructure their product offering because some old expat that represents (probably) less than half a percent of their potential market refuses to try it. 

It's brilliant!

You're just being ignorant. If you read the TT Facebook page, you'll clearly find more Thais complaining about the lack of beef and beans than farangs.  This issue isn't and wasn't a Thai market vs farang market thing. And you're wrong to believe it is/was.

It was a, people who went to the Chidlom outlet expected it to be a Taco Bell, and instead, they got something else and something lackingly different.

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're just being ignorant.

Name calling, you're just too clever for me...

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

“La Monita” at Paragon has beef, beans and more “authentic” Mexican food if that is what one was expecting at Taco Bell.

I dont go to Taco Bell much any more. But in my mind,  Taco Bell is a place where you  roll up to the window totally baked and order a whole bunch of random stuff that you expect will just taste so good as you ride home beard sauced and stuffing your gob whilst listening to Buxtehude at full volume.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Name calling, you're just too clever for me...

I meant it literally, not pejoratively. You were making a claim, but clearly had not bothered to see the very clear and public evidence that refutes the claim you were making.

I meant it literally, not pejoratively. You were making a claim, but clearly had not bothered to see the very clear and public evidence that refutes the claim you were making.

What was I claiming that was not true?

How much of the market do guys like us represent?

Have you actually tried it?

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

I was answering Yellowtail's comments above...not yours...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Stop it-you're killing me!!

I live in Khon Kaen and we have nothing here except Mc D and KFC.

PLEASE, somebody send me some Taco Bell and Texas Chicken--PLEASE!!

Oh forgot, no beef and no beans maybe not TC--oh what the hell TC too!!  PLEASE!!