Taco Bell

mogandave

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The blaring music is really kind of strange....I dont think I have been in any other fast food franchise in Thailand that had blasting music and I am pretty sure most had no music at all....

I have also been in loads of Taco Bells in America and I dont recall much of any kind of music there either.....Does loud music influence what you eat? 

Well i would have appreciated the loud music if it was mexican party music....but K-pop??? Come on! It's like the first popmusic we ever had in the west..

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I bump them, step on their feet, shove them, trip them...Im at war. I hear Chinese and I get ready. Yesterday in Ayyuthaya I made a whole team of them with a flag leader get out of my way. I pride myself on being a nice guy, but you have to fight fire with fire. If we all did it, they would learn manners.

It's the only way they will ever learn. I also saw a Thai man walking with his old mother at his arm yelling to a group of chinese who wouldn't give them any space to walk.

22 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I bump them, step on their feet, shove them, trip them...Im at war. I hear Chinese and I get ready. Yesterday in Ayyuthaya I made a whole team of them with a flag leader get out of my way. I pride myself on being a nice guy, but you have to fight fire with fire. If we all did it, they would learn manners.

but then what about the chinese granny, about 4' 8" scurrying between peoples legs with her shopping bag to get on the street car who is then savagely trampled by skinheads with swastikas tattooed on their scalps and then the headlines scream 'RACIST BRUTALITY IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!'

a very delicate balance to be sure...

1 hour ago, Chou Anou said:

If you're stupid enough to eat that <deleted> in farangland, then I guess you're stupid enough to eat it in Thailand...

So what is it you really smart people eat in "farangland" and Thailand? 

5 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

If you're stupid enough to eat that <deleted> in farangland, then I guess you're stupid enough to eat it in Thailand...

The bean burritos and 7 layer burritos are actually pretty good...Of course Fake-O-Bell has neither of these.....  

On 2/11/2019 at 12:08 PM, thaiguzzi said:

No, believe me, it's nationality.

I've been in and around weed, hash, and all the other good stuff all my adult life.

The "bake" word i have never, ever come across.

The 420 thing, now somebody mentions it, i have a vague recollection of reading about it somewhere.

But as a Brit, nah we never used either of those terms.

Affirmatory. 

On 2/11/2019 at 9:00 AM, thaiguzzi said:

So.

Explain to an Englishman please;

What's 420 or Happy 420?

And what's bake or rebake?

Thanx in advance.

Sure, sorry bout the delay, have been traveling and lovin the 'herb, ja irie.

420: Obscure origins, USA term for Ganja. Happy 420 is April 20th, which will soon be a antional holiday in the US where everybody walks around baked (stoned, buzzed, feeling the effects of marijuana) and yells happy 420 while giving random strangers a toke (puff, hit, drag or whatever you British poofs call the art of smoking a fag.

Bake: to consume MJ. Wake and Bake. First thing with your coffee.

Here: I went down to the beach at 7am earlier this week to wake and bake with a cup of fine Nescafe red.

On 3/2/2019 at 2:53 PM, fforest1 said:

The bean burritos and 7 layer burritos are actually pretty good...Of course Fake-O-Bell has neither of these.....  

7 layer Burritos, as part of a carefully laid out diet, are quite nutritious. I reccommend them for lunch so you burn off some of the fat and calories. You have your beans, rice, guac, lettuce, tomato, cheese...portable, yet filling, this gleaming jewel in the fast food firmament provides a handy, yet quite nomnom, one handed meal.

In cases where you are under time constraints, it is possible, after some practice, to consume the entire product in one bite! While the process may be unattractive, it is efficient, especially if you have a beard and can salvage the squirtings that occur because of poor face stuffing technique.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess Taco Bell is going to add beef to the menu soon...No word on beans yet.....I am not sure how you could make a beef burrito with out beans?.......After their epic disaster of a opening I can hardly believe they would be so stupid to not serve beef and beans..... 

Well I guess Taco Bell is going to add beef to the menu soon...No word on beans yet.....I am not sure how you could make a beef burrito with out beans?.......After their epic disaster of a opening I can hardly believe they would be so stupid to not serve beef and beans..... 

Yes, “...their epic disaster of an opening...” still has people lining up out the doors, the fools!!!!

A beef burrito with no beans would be an “all beef” burrito which is pretty common.

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, “...their epic disaster of an opening...” still has people lining up out the doors, the fools!!!!

A beef burrito with no beans would be an “all beef” burrito which is pretty common.

Beans are used in Mexican food extensively because they are filling and CHEAP....Much cheaper than beef chicken or pork...
So it would be very strange for a company who has cheaped out with menu items like french fries and fried chicken strips to not want to serve the cheapest food of all BEANS......

Beans are used in Mexican food extensively because they are filling and CHEAP....Much cheaper than beef chicken or pork...
So it would be very strange for a company who has cheaped out with menu items like french fries and fried chicken strips to not want to serve the cheapest food of all BEANS......

Yet they do it at every Taco Bell in the US.

17 hours ago, mogandave said:

Yet they do it at every Taco Bell in the US.

yeah, on the TB menu 50 years ago you could get 'red' or 'green' burritos made from beans only and either red or green sauce and a sprinkle of cheese...get 2 for a dollar and that would hit the spot...tacos were made with ground beef only...load up on the packets of taco sauce...

1968 and america was at war with conscription and civil tumult at home but Taco Bell kept things simple...good popular music back then too, after a few joints hooking down the Taco Bell with Cream's Sunshine of your love on full blast on the 8 track made things taste even better...

back in those days there was an outfit called Pup 'n Taco (hot dogs and tacos) and a pal worked there...he useta go to work stoned and drunk and started to put mustard on the tacos and taco sauce on the hot dogs and didn't last long in his employment...whaddaya expect for $1.50 per hour? I ask ye...

The word Beans starts with a B and the word Bankruptcy also starts with a B  coincidence? I think not.......If Taco Bell can not figure out how important the 1st word is they will soon be getting a hard lesson on the meaning of the 2nd word... 

The word Beans starts with a B and the word Bankruptcy also starts with a B  coincidence? I think not.......If Taco Bell can not figure out how important the 1st word is they will soon be getting a hard lesson on the meaning of the 2nd word... 

So those are all creditors lined up trying to get in?

Anyone remember the taco bell '88 state plate promo in Florida? I can't remember if it was to do with the year, the radio station frequency or the highway number, but you got a free licence plate with your 88 cent taco. Still got one in a cupboard somewhere... 

29 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Anyone remember the taco bell '88 state plate promo in Florida? I can't remember if it was to do with the year, the radio station frequency or the highway number, but you got a free licence plate with your 88 cent taco. Still got one in a cupboard somewhere... 

Why would you keep a taco for 30 years? 

Florida's a big state, but WDIZ was big back then in Orlando and did a lot of promos. 

A lot of places gave out front tags as FL only provided one for the back.

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why would you keep a taco for 30 years? 

I polished off the taco and kept the plate 555

You're right, it was in the Orlando area. Forget if the promo was an 88 or 98 state plate (I was there late 1987) but it was advertised endlessly on the radio as we were driving around. From the UK, so no idea if it related to the local road numbers, the year, or radio station FM. 

Well taco bell still has no beans at all... Zero...

And I guess they will have beef burritos for at least 3 months....After that maybe no more beef?........

There is also a doctorate. Exclusive "Beefy Cheesy Burrito" menu, which offers a special menu only for 3 months at the Siam Paragon Taco Bell branch. (From 4 April to 30 June this year)

https://bangkok-today.com/web/อั้ม-พัชราภา-ร่วมยินดี/

Man after months of being slamed with a zillion posts asking for beans and beef they just do not get it.......

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Man after months of being slamed with a zillion posts asking for beans and beef they just do not get it.......

yeah, I don't unnerstand either...with their millions Taco Bell can buy huge tracks of farmland in central Thailand like the saudis for the sole cultivation of beans...with brutal mexican supervisors 'onna horseback' snapping bullwhips 'weese gonna need dem beans tamorrow so apurense carajo, andele!!!' former bandit jinetes riding on the flat central Thailand horizon with Villa - Lobos music in the background...the artistry of Taco Bell...

mmm, just think of a nice side order of frijoles with a sprinkle of grated cheese...folks useta line up for the frijoles alone, useta come inna little tub like ice cream...

8 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Well taco bell still has no beans at all... Zero...

And I guess they will have beef burritos for at least 3 months....After that maybe no more beef?........

There is also a doctorate. Exclusive "Beefy Cheesy Burrito" menu, which offers a special menu only for 3 months at the Siam Paragon Taco Bell branch. (From 4 April to 30 June this year)

https://bangkok-today.com/web/อั้ม-พัชราภา-ร่วมยินดี/

And people say Americans don't travel well.

Archived