Hotels/Resorts in Krabi and Chiang Mai

Thomas J

My daughter is coming to visit and wants to go to Krabi and Chiang Mai.  Looking for recommendations on good hotels or resorts.  I see many on the travel sites and the prices seem to range from acceptable to ridiculously high.  

26 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

What is an "acceptable" price?

How far from the beach?

Like anything else it depends on what you get for your money. I would say something like $3000 - $4,000 baht would be the upper limit.   I am not at all familiar with those areas or if you must be on the beach to have a view or if there are areas with other beautiful settings with reasonable access to the beach.  I am personally not a beach goer so she would be more inclined than I to want to be able to walk to the beach.  Also her trip is not until April 21 so it is low season. 

My suggestion is a Centara Hotel also (I'm aware of the one that NCC1701A mentioned but never went over there)

"Centra by Centara Phu Pano Resort Krabi" in Ao Nang.

About 1.5 km to the beach - nice walk along a main street. I did it daily while I was there. They also have a free shuttle - must reserve to be sure to get a seat.

Get a cliff side/swimming pool view - worth the extra money.

It's on a quiet side street but a short walk to the main street which leads down to the beach.

Standard rooms are small/cozy. No couch or easy chairs (nor room for them).

Balcony.

Rainy season cost half as much at most, although the prices I see quoted now include breakfast which my price didn't.

Ao Nang/Krabi is overpriced during high season imo - at least for what I paid for hotels in SE Asia during the rainy season.

Archived