Suspect arrested, stolen 14k gold necklace returned to Russian tourist

Jonathan Fairfield

Suspect arrested, stolen 14k gold necklace returned to Russian tourist

By The Nation

n2.JPEG

Image: Manager

A 47-year-old Russian woman shed tears of joy on Saturday when police returned a 14k gold necklace that was snatched from her late last month.

Valentina Mzheenko said she was emotionally attached to the necklace and had been wearing it for more than 20 years before it was stolen.

She attended a press conference at the Pattaya police station on Saturday where the arrest of the alleged robber, Pittaya Tarin, 26, was announced.

Pittaya, an employee of a McDonald's fast food restaurant in Pattaya, was accused of snatching the 14k gold necklace from Mzheenko on January 30, in Soi Wat Boon Kanchanaram in Moo 10 village in Tambon Nong Plue of Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district.

Pittaya was arrested on Friday on Soi Nong Hin in South Pattaya and police later recovered the necklace from his house.

Pittaya told police he was riding his motorcycle home after work and he spotted the Russian woman walking and wearing what he thought to be a gold necklace. After he grabbed the jewelry he told police he buried it behind his house.

Mzheenko thanked Thai police for recovering her necklace.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363828

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-09

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

EIGHT cops grinning at the blonde farang.  Only money and/or photo ops get them to leave their A/C offices.

Yes, at one point in the video I counted 19 cops milling around. Good work on recovering the goods, but never let the opportunity of getting in a pic go by..........Big Joke book of policing, chapter 1.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:38 AM, yogavnture said:

thier must be hundreds if not thousands of people that would never go to pattaya as the bad news eminating from the place is a daily occurance

you know 2-4 years ago there was so much more crime against tourists and foreigners and thais ofcourse, the crime that happens in 1 week now was 1 day before, before daily shootings and stabbings, armed robberies against tourists, attacks on tourists now it is pretty calm.

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

you know 2-4 years ago there was so much more crime against tourists and foreigners and thais ofcourse, the crime that happens in 1 week now was 1 day before, before daily shootings and stabbings, armed robberies against tourists, attacks on tourists now it is pretty calm.

pattaya doesnt interest me at all.  i dont like ladyboys

9 hours ago, ta158 said:

Is that the case or is the news now suppressed? 

I know I used to look forward to the old Pattaya One reports which was a daily run on M/C bag snatches, gold chain grabs, tourists on the drunk walk home getting jumped etc etc. What has reduced crime? It for sure isn't more police presence at night!

9 hours ago, ta158 said:

no tourists now then?

Archived