BANGKOK
NilSS

What sort of a person hands over their passport to a motorcycle hire company

Just now, NilSS said:

As I said, 200 rooms, 80 percent occupancy, every night.

Then why are you on here complaining about the Twonks, Twonk Boy? 🙂

Bored? Frustrated? Brushing up on your English skills? 🙂

2 minutes ago, NilSS said:

As I said, 200 rooms, 80 percent occupancy, every night.

Sounds ok o me. Why complain on a internet forum?

We get so many good reviews, these people are just background noise, but I find it deeply irritating to be summonsed to reception to be told my job.

Now i understand why you asked us about buying firearms in TH...😀

• Haha 1

That's a different and very serious issue. The previous owners, who lost the building to us and still think they own it, are insanely jealous we're making a success of the enterprise. So, you know Thai people. . . That very serious matter is being dealt with by Special Branch now anyway. They're in a lot of trouble.

Edited by NilSS

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Wouldn't most people book into a hotel first, then go and rent a bike. Why would people be running around getting a bike before they know where they are sleeping, or at least want to drop luggage before getting a bike.

it's not about 'Booking' the Hotel; but the actual 'Arrival' at the Hotel

so anyhows a few months back; one was standing back watching all these Russians piling out of the ferry, having arrived at the docks of Koh SiChang...

... the very first thing they did was queue up at the Rental counter, which is a ways out there in the dock itself.

There was at least a 300 metre ride before they even got to dry land - and then off they all went, 2 per bike, up thru town, to wherever their Reserved abode was... 

one assumes, by now already no Passport, to match the no shirts on their tattooed backs...

Edited by tifino

I wouldn't visit this hotel, sounds like you are a right nasty twit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Driving licence contains the passport number.

Why is that not acceptable, ye twonk ?

Mine doesn't it has my Thai ID No. and is always excepted at Hotels, OP is on about tourist I guess.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NilSS said:

Because it doesn't contain immigration details. Try to tell me my job again. . .

My passport contains no immigration details whatsoever. That is no Visa type, no extension, no entry stamp and no TM6 arrival card.

There are many other foreigners here with the same situation. I guess we won't be staying at your hotel, huh? 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Wouldn't most people book into a hotel first, then go and rent a bike. Why would people be running around getting a bike before they know where they are sleeping, or at least want to drop luggage before getting a bike.

Because it's their first time to Thailand and their not too intelligent friend who just came back from LOS advised them 'the main thing you need on your holiday is wheels, you need a motorcycle', so get off the bus, van whatever and first up get some wheels and drive yourself to your hotel.  Really cool, especially for millennials who are totally sure they know how to do everything and don't listen to anybody even a couple of years older...

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

How would you be in Thailand without an entry/stay until stamp, or an Arrival card ?

Permanent Residents can register to use the Auto-Channel electronic gates so no stamps on either departure or entry. Also no TM6 departure card filled out or retained.

Few hotel receptionists would understand that and I can't be bothered explaining it so I never present my passport to a hotel in Thailand. I am never refused a room either.

• Thanks 1