SURVEY: Do you regret moving to Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you regret moving to Thailand?  

413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would phrase the question, "Do you regret staying in Thailand longer than you want?"

Of course, never regret coming to LOS.  Never regret one year.  2 years, ah, ok... 3 years, about enough time.  Not yet 4 years, but i would like to check out other countries (japan for sure).....ask me in one year.....if i'm still hear, then i might regret staying and being too lazy to check out other countries.  

I'm pretty sure Thailand is about the easiest country to initially visit.  people super friendly (rural settings) and after a year you start to sort-of understand how it works and when not to care.  couple years to learn simple conversation and how to read, understand people in a relationship, and then have a more open mind to things around you.  i just think the quality of farangs here are about the worst, so then i have to look in the mirror and wonder.....lol.  met a 60-year old yesterday, and first thing he told me was to go to Pattaya for sex.  i cry inside.  lol

Edited by puukao

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

We are happy here ,i live in a house next to quite well off Thais , they are all very nice and chat mainly to my wife ,but also wave and say hello to me and have done for the last 12 years or so ,i have never had any problems here ,and seem to be accepted ,my wifes family are lovely , and i have never come across any of the "sick buffalo" stories from them ,that is except her youngest brother , but i am not alone as he trys it with all the family . as for the bullshit that all Farangs marry bar girls ,well only one person i know did ,and to be honest when he told me i was amazed ,i would never have thought it ,most i know met their wives long after they got bored with the bar scene .but then i suppose those who think everyone marries a bar girl ,are those who were only able to find a woman who worked in one .

Why is it that only those who 'didn't marry a bar girl ' get so defensive. In a country with so much income inequality prostitution is so widespread as to be a way of life , judging people by their lack of choices seems odd.

Ive met some very nice bargirls and some pretty appalling ' straight girls , if I married it would be to a nice girl regardless of her past.

Amazing how people are in denial of the fact that bar girls were and to a lesser degree still are a major reason why farangs visited and settled in Thailand. Also before banging on about unwelcome sex pests be aware that their passing would barely dent the business ( though many Isaan villages would be far poorer ) as 90+% of prostitution in the country is driven by Thai punters.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It's a difficult question to answer. Many go to Thailand for sex, let's not kid ourselves, and honestly seeing guys post pictures of women young enough to be their daughter or even granddaughter is nauseating 

I moved to Thailand with my Thai wife from Singapore  where we worked together when I wanted to retire.

Many go to Thailand for sex... You moved to Thailand with your Wife... 

Your Singaporean Wife would only have sex with you in Thailand? so you now come here for an annual vacation? :hit-the-fan: 

ok... ok... just kidding... I get what you are saying...   Everyone else (ok, many) go to Thailand for sex, but not you.... 

2 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Why is it that only those who 'didn't marry a bar girl ' get so defensive. In a country with so much income inequality prostitution is so widespread as to be a way of life , judging people by their lack of choices seems odd.

Ive met some very nice bargirls and some pretty appalling ' straight girls , if I married it would be to a nice girl regardless of her past.

Amazing how people are in denial of the fact that bar girls were and to a lesser degree still are a major reason why farangs visited and settled in Thailand. Also before banging on about unwelcome sex pests be aware that their passing would barely dent the business ( though many Isaan villages would be far poorer ) as 90+% of prostitution in the country is driven by Thai punters.

Only a small percentage of women in Thailand are prostitutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Bar girls are nice to you because they are telling you what you want to hear, its there job. straight girls are not interested in old men so in comparison can come across as appalling . No different to the west where straight girls will give a crusty old guy trying to be cute an appalling look as well

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Also having a second or minor wife is considered normal in Thailand for the man and the second wife and little if any stigma is attached.  

The amount of Thai women I have met that have dumped their husbands over a second wife is astounding. They are all not submissive like that and just about any normal Thai girl that I know will not put up with it. Many of my married friends (both Thai and farang) do have sex with prostitutes but the difference is they never see the same girl twice. I have seen housewives turn a blind eye to this, but you bring in a Mai Noi to the equation, it is not welcome in most cases from the wife and they will not put up with it. You see in Thai papers wives shooting husbands/Mai Noi's on a regular basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No! But I like to take care of the daughters of other people. I guess it's because I have such a great heart. ???? 

Yeah , yeah , yeah , nudge -nudge wink wink . Females PPhhooarrrrr , breasts phhrroaaaw , sex . 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Without a doubt. One of the best decisions I ever made. Great country, great people (for the most part), great food, great weather.

are you living in Thailand ? I would say the first 3 things you mention are debatable depending on individual's background but the weather ... the most part of this country is a hellish steam room 11 months a year

• Like 2