PHOTOS: Five Chinese tourists injured in speedboat accident in Phuket

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, animalmagic said:

The impact occurred on the starboard bow (front right hand side) of the speedboat and the port bow (front left hand side) of the barge.  In the International Rules for Prevention of Collision at Sea (IRPCS) all vessels should give way to any other vessel approaching from its Starboard side, which is lit with a green lamp at night; that is a pretty good signal to other boats indicating direction of travel and safety to carry on course.  The point of impact and failure to follow IRPCS would suggest the speedboat driver was being a <deleted> and trying to make the ride exciting by passing close in front of the barge.  Speedboat is probably three or four times faster than the barge anyway and avoiding collision would have been easy enough for a trained amoeba to do.

Evolution_zpsnaykvkih.png

On 2/10/2019 at 1:44 AM, robsamui said:

It's in the Thai genes - twice now I've actually seen two motorbikes collide head-on on a straight and otherwise empty road!

yep......go figure ,  i  gave  up  a  long time ago,  maybe  its  because  theyre  all  "one  family" and like  magnets  attracted  to  each  other.

8 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Considering how fast that thing can go the build quality and materials are terrifying.

no  surprise for me..............built my  own  house due to the local "quality" construction crews

4 minutes ago, kannot said:

yep......go figure ,  i  gave  up  a  long time ago,  maybe  its  because  theyre  all  "one  family" and like  magnets  attracted  to  each  other.

But if they were 'one family' wouldn't that make them 'like poles' and therefore repel, rather than attract?

(sorry!)

On 2/9/2019 at 9:46 PM, Thunder26 said:

What is wrong with these speedboats? There is so much space in the water. How come they manage to collide? Seriously, what's wrong with these poeple who manage the speedboats?

This is a rhetorical question, correct?

On 2/9/2019 at 9:46 PM, Thunder26 said:

What is wrong with these speedboats? There is so much space in the water. How come they manage to collide? Seriously, what's wrong with these poeple who manage the speedboats?

There is no proper management of these speed boats.

Archived