BANGKOK 17 February 2019 02:12
Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Five Chinese tourists injured in speedboat accident in Phuket

12 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

What is wrong with these speedboats? There is so much space in the water. How come they manage to collide? Seriously, what's wrong with these poeple who manage the speedboats?

brake failure?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

They learned their skills riding a motor cycle!

... or a jet ski

• Haha 2

Some more red carpets to roll out.

• Haha 1

Investigating Marine Officer : "So Captain Somchai, what do you think happened?"

Captain Somchai : "Well Officer, I was proceeding down the hill, and the surface was wet and slippery, no, wait,.... I was proceeding down the hill, and the brakes fail....no, wait.....I was proceeding along , and swerved to miss a branch in the.....no wait....i was waiting to do a u-turn, and the barge....no, that's not it either.....can I answer a question on sport please......"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

the International Rules for Prevention of Collision at Sea (IRPCS)

How many of those "speed boat captains" do you think are aware of any of the maritime rules and laws?

• Like 1

You know who has the right of way on thai roads and with boats on the water?

Me.

Me.

ME! 

• Haha 1

Thailand is going to run out of feet to shoot soon...

just how many accidents with Chinese tourists are China going to accept before saying "enough is enough" !

15 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Seriously, what's wrong with these poeple who manage the speedboats?

They use the same tactics as when they drive their cars - Me, Me, Me!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the captain flashed his lights at the barge.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand is going to run out of feet to shoot soon...

just how many accidents with Chinese tourists are China going to accept before saying "enough is enough" !

Who knows? Perhaps they see it the same as their 'one child' policy - a means of population control.

• Haha 1

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt? Here, as a public service to our Chinese brethren (and sistren) is Chinese for "I survived a boat crash in Thailand." 我在泰国遇难 courtesy of Google Translate.

Go to town, T-shirt shops and tattoo parlors. Soon some young Thai entrepreneur will be offering crashes as part of a day's outing. "Actual sinkings extra!" It will be all the rage back in style-conscious Shanghai.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

How many of those "speed boat captains" do you think are aware of any of the maritime rules and laws?

Not many.  Just trying to point out the obvious on who was to blame.  Any competent investigative body would come to the same conclusion.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt? Here, as a public service to our Chinese brethren (and sistren) is Chinese for "I survived a boat crash in Thailand." 我在泰国遇难 courtesy of Google Translate.

Go to town, T-shirt shops and tattoo parlors. Soon some young Thai entrepreneur will be offering crashes as part of a day's outing. "Actual sinkings extra!" It will be all the rage back in style-conscious Shanghai.

I'd have thought there would be more chance of "going back unconscious to Shanghai."

• Haha 1