Jump to content

Bahrain issued Interpol Red Notice for Hakeem Al-Araibi, document reveals


rooster59

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, emptypockets said:

In the bigger picture it's probably irrelevant who issued the red notice. Thailand complied with protocols.

Everybody would be applauding if he was a pedophile and not a footballer and alleged refugee.

Yes, and Thailand can undo it immediately  if they have the will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, khunJeroen said:

Thailand never signed the UN refugee treaty so his refugee status everybody is referring to is as such technically irrelevant from a legal pov. 

 

I find it naive he did not consider this when travelling. He should know as Bahraini his country would wait for its chance to arrest him. I don't say I approve, by now I actually don't know what is true or not anymore. That Thailand now follows its law is imo the most sensible thing to do.

 

UEFA is a hypocrite, indirectly finger pointing at Bahrain while organizing the world cup in Qatar. 

 

OK so as a protest, put the Qatari World on hold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Reigntax said:

The Thai version of event stunk from the start.why would Australian authorities issue a red notice after he was granted refugee status.?

The Thai authorities arent even good liars when it was clear from the start that they had stuffed up. Their excuses weren't plausible, didn't make any sense except to their own uneducated, inabilities to produce a logical sequence of events.

While it has now been confirmed that Australia did not issue the Red Notice they are not completely blameless in this disgraceful episode. They need to sharpen their act.

If Australia had been fully awake and realised that Interpol should not have issued the Red Notice they could have quietly informed Interpol of his refugee status so as to have it withdrawn without megaphoning to Thailand that he was heading their way as if confirming the Red Notice was legitimate. Someone's head should roll for this.

As for Thailand, what is there to say about this callous and inhumane junta regime. The sad part is they seem to enjoy being the way they are. As justification they make some pathetic excuse that the Court processes cannot be reversed or halted.

 

Part of the Australian statement reads:

"The Australian Government was not initially aware of this, and in line with Interpol procedure notified Thailand of Mr Alaraibi’s travel.

Australia is reviewing our procedures so that this does not happen again". 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well perhaps he did seek advice whether there was any danger in travelling / travelling to Thailand?

 

I he didn't that was probably unwise, but it's not a reason to allow Bahrain to get their dirty hands on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

While it has now been confirmed that Australia did not issue the Red Notice they are not completely blameless in this disgraceful episode. They need to sharpen their act.

If Australia had been fully awake and realised that Interpol should not have issued the Red Notice they could have quietly informed Interpol of his refugee status so as to have it withdrawn without megaphoning to Thailand that he was heading their way as if confirming the Red Notice was legitimate. Someone's head should roll for this.

As for Thailand, what is there to say about this callous and inhumane junta regime. The sad part is they seem to enjoy being the way they are. As justification they make some pathetic excuse that the Court processes cannot be reversed or halted.

 

Part of the Australian statement reads:

"The Australian Government was not initially aware of this, and in line with Interpol procedure notified Thailand of Mr Alaraibi’s travel.

Australia is reviewing our procedures so that this does not happen again". 

 

Australia moved as fast as it could and has now abandoned the diplomatic approach to this band of lying robber barons.

 

people so stupid that they will even commit falsehoods on public media..

 

By the way-where is the big Jelly Bean?

 

You know..the one who arrests miserable Cambodian and Burmese workers to the greater glory of Thailand?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel for the poor fella but I would of thought he knew or should of checked wether he might be on the Interpol red notice list before he started leaving Australia.hes now found out you can't just fly around the world waving the refugee card like your untouchable like some diplomat.he's actually created this problem for himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, emptypockets said:

In the bigger picture it's probably irrelevant who issued the red notice. Thailand complied with protocols.

Everybody would be applauding if he was a pedophile and not a footballer and alleged refugee.

🤔🤔🤔 there’s so much wrong with this post, it beggars belief.

 

thailand did not comply with protocols.... and has been shown to have being lying, at the state level

 

the guy isn’t a pedophile, so using it as an analogy is ridiculous grandstanding to attract attention... well done, that worked

 

there is nothing alleged about his refugee status

 

and bigger picture? The bigger picture is that thailand is getting away with trampling on the rights of citizens of another country, without due cause... stuff up aside, this should have been sorted within hours, or perhaps days, but not weeks and months.

 

crikey..... I can’t understand how any expat would applaud the unjust detention of a foreign citizen.... it could be you next, for no other reason than your a foreigner and constable somchai doesn’t understand the law.... no wonder Jesus is said to have wept so much.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Jamie Vardy, Didier Drogba and Gary Lineker back campaign to release imprisoned Hakeem al-Araibi

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6687249/Vardy-Drogba-Lineker-campaign-release-imprisoned-footballer-Al-Araibi.html

I think Vardy would have to be careful what he says given the fact Thai's own the football club

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I think Vardy would have to be careful what he says given the fact Thai's own the football club

Sure, they could try to make his life harder and he could then easily sue them for discrimination. The owners can only get away with stuff like that in Thailand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just yesterday, a very prominent Thai lady wished for Thailand to become a respected member of the international community. That's commendable, and as this cringe worthy case shows once again, Thailand has A LOT of work to do to accomplish that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...