DSI: DNA sent to UK police in search of missing Thai woman

rooster59

DSI: DNA sent to UK police in search of missing Thai woman

Praphorn Praphornkul

f6b720ea6b1ed99a0b25e289545e90ca_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 7th February 2019 (NNT) – The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has forwarded to the British National Crime Agency (NCA) DNA samples given by the parents of a Thai woman who disappeared in Britain in 2004 after she married a British man and moved to the United Kingdom (UK).

The DSI Director-General, Pol. Col. Paisit Wongmuang, said the NCA contacted the DSI through the British embassy in Bangkok, requesting assistance in a British investigation that was seeking to locate the missing woman named Lamduan Armitage.

The NCA stated that the missing woman could be linked to the discovery about 14 years ago of a corpse of an unidentified Asian woman dumped in the Yorkshire Dales, a national park in northern England.

After locating her parents, the DSI asked them to provide DNA samples from them to be sent to the UK for testing against DNA samples taken from the corpse.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- nnt 2019-02-10

36 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Oh really?

Yes, OK, guys . . . looks like you want to make a farce of this thread before it's even started, as unimportant as the subject may be to the wider world, beyond the woman's family.

How much better it would have been, had the DSI been reported sending a DNA sample for the cop-killing Red Bull heir. Now, there's a killer that is more than merely well-known.

Now then, mickymouse1 & hansnl, is there anything of substance that you'd like to get off your chests, rather than the game of I know sommat that you don't that nobody wants or needs.

I don't mean to be the devils advocate in this situation but 10 years ago when I took my Thai wife to the UK she started sleeping with random people - so we shouldn't put blame on the 'potential' husband suspect until the full story is known - only my personal opinion

6 hours ago, PomPolo said:

I don't mean to be the devils advocate in this situation but 10 years ago when I took my Thai wife to the UK she started sleeping with random people - so we shouldn't put blame on the 'potential' husband suspect until the full story is known - only my personal opinion

Do you mean to say you wanted to kill her then?

Never mind, in this instance I think the police are much more interested in a 'potential' murderer than a cuckold.

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Thank you for posting the newspaper article Boycie.

Looking at the artist's impression of the deceased and the photograph provided by the parents, it's (IMHO) a very distinct possibility that this is their daughter. How extremely sad - but at least they will be able to mourn.

People in the Yorkshire village near where the body was found have given her a proper funeral, burial, and headstone - they even hold services on the anniversary of her burial. Makes one proud to be British and shows the true generosity of Yorkshire folk (despite the jokes).  

• 1 month later...

Archived