Motorcycle clubs in BKK

Djw6

Motorbike groups are often brand, type or model related.

Options to get in contact with them:

- You can usually find groups on Facebook, often they also have a Line group to which they can invite you

- Ask at your dealer, they usually know these groups as well

- If you see other riders on similar bike as yours at a gas station or similar just start talking with them and get their Line ID

But most people who own a big bike ride this only occasionly, you will only find a few people who make a ride out more than once a month

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Motorbike groups are often brand, type or model related.

Options to get in contact with them:

- You can usually find groups on Facebook, often they also have a Line group to which they can invite you

- Ask at your dealer, they usually know these groups as well

- If you see other riders on similar bike as yours at a gas station or similar just start talking with them and get their Line ID

But most people who own a big bike ride this only occasionly, you will only find a few people who make a ride out more than once a month

Thanks for some intelligent info'. I ride a Ducati, so I just contacted them to see when their rides are. I don't really care what bikes people ride as long as you can have a fun ride in the country somewhere. Been out for a few by myself, but it would be better in a group.

Search Facebook. There are many groups (both expat and Thai) connected by area or brand that have members looking for people to ride with. I personally don’t enjoy catching up to and having to work my way by the groups puttering along like a flock of sheep, but to each his own. Of course I am not suggesting that you would be one of the sheep.

This interests me too... 

I've been riding for a short time... and quite like the idea of a night or weekend away on a ride with likeminded chilled people to somewhere a few hours outside of Bangkok.. 

I really fancy the idea of getting the bike on a train, traveling to Chiang Mai and having a weekend ride around that area stopping off at various places. 

Getting over to Mae Sot area also interests me, but its further and I think I'd need something bigger than my G310GS to make those distances more comfortable.. (i.e. the F850GS)... 

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I really fancy the idea of getting the bike on a train, traveling to Chiang Mai and having a weekend ride around that area stopping off at various places. 

C'mon dude!

Get serious.

If people can ride a C70 round the world, you can ride a modern all bells & whistles 300cc BMW to CM and back!

Just spend some extra time, take the back roads, avoid the motorways, and enjoy yourself.

No rush.

Sights, sounds & smells...

Remember, it's not the destination, it's the journey.

Man.

Edit,

there is a young Dutch woman on YouTube doing a RTW trip.

She bought a new RE Himalayan in India, rode it around & then into Burma, all thru Thailand & into Malaysia where she is now.

10k kms in 2 months.

Check her out -nice vids & editing.

If she can do the above - you can ride a motorcycle to CM & back.

WITHOUT taking a TRAIN.

33 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

In the time it takes the train one could easily reach Odorn. Overnight there and do a loop to Loei. Overnight there, then Loei back to Udorn and home the next day. 

Concur.

Loei, and round the corner/elbow coming out of Isaan and going North, Phitsanalok, Uttaradit & Nan, has some of Thailand's best motorcycling roads & scenery.

Period.

2 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Here's a nice motorcycle club.

Image result for baseball bat motorcycle logo

And a few more, bagged up and ready to go:

Image result for golf club motorcycle

Excellent first pic - reminds me of back in the day, some of us had quick release holders on our bikes for ball pein hammers.

Bike tool officer!

Help get the back wheel out!
Honest!

5 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Excellent first pic - reminds me of back in the day, some of us had quick release holders on our bikes for ball pein hammers.

Bike tool officer!

Help get the back wheel out!
Honest!

May I recommend the "leather Hammer Hanger".  For servicing your bike out on the highway of course.

"Ever been on a long ride and realized you brought all the tools you need except your hammer?

Here at Nash, we came up with the perfect solution. Introducing the Hammer Hanger! Made from high quality leather from right here in the USA . The Hammer Hanger can be mounted anywhere you need using the 3/4″ strap system. The sling is made to fit just about any hammer ,larger hammers 16 oz or bigger are best. Check out our badass Nash Hammers."

Image result for motorcycle hammer

A bit like those "steering wheel locks" you can buy for your car:

Related image

And the small fruit knife under the front seat:

Image result for large machete

2 hours ago, ballpoint said:

A bit like those "steering wheel locks" you can buy for your car:

And we had these for our motors too.

Brilliant, clever invention.

In fact mine is sitting behind me next to my desk as i type (long retired...)

"Of course its not a bat officer -it's a steering lock!".

Come on, enough of the club and bat jokes - they were not exactly the type of clubs I was really referring to. Although, I do like the pics. The funniest thing I ever saw, was when a guy on a Harley was riding next to me back in Melbourne, when I was in my 20's (a few years ago!). His hair was very bushy and long. His long hair was flying straight out the back parallel to the road, and when we stopped at the traffic lights his hair was still in the same position! He must have glued a wig to a small helmet and stuck wire out the back??  Beat that one with your bat! ????  Unfortunately, back then cameras hadn't been invented. 

• 6 months later...

Archived