Good Hotel for two weeks in Chiang Mai.

doggie1955

First time going to Chiang Mai, looking for a nice and clean hotel to stay at, with safe parking for my truck... room price about 500-800 baht.

And not too far from the bar/club area, and any good farang places to eat at?

Check out the Anodard Hotel located in the old city.   It's in your price range and they have plenty of parking.    Here is there number, 053 270756/8.     You might try to Google them for more info.    For farang food one of the best in town is The Dukes.   They have two location.   Google them too for more info.

11 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

room price about 500-800 baht.

Top North Guesthouse in MoonMuang Soi 2.

Rooms are a bit tired, but the pool is nice, parking for your truck and just across the moat is Loi Krow.

Joiner friendly as well!

Mad Dog just around the corner for your foreigner food and greasy fry-ups.

17 hours ago, Spaniel said:

Check out the Anodard Hotel located in the old city.   It's in your price range and they have plenty of parking.    Here is there number, 053 270756/8.     You might try to Google them for more info.    For farang food one of the best in town is The Dukes.   They have two location.   Google them too for more info.

Dukes!!!!! You should have told the OP to take out a second mortgage. Hundreds of nice restaurants that don't cost an arm or a leg all over C M.

OP, what any of us think is nice may be not what you like at all, so I always recommend staying anywhere first night and looking around for somewhere to stay the rest of the time. 

Apart from the above mentioned place, parking in the old city is a nightmare at the best of times, so you might consider it better outside the moat.

Bar club area? The most notorious would be the Loi Kroh area, but be warned C M is not anywhere near as good as Pattaya for such. In fact it's outright pathetic. If you are looking for a good nightlife I wouldn't even put C M on the list at all. It's great for temples and restaurants, but that's about it.

If you want a recommend, the Montha Hotel off Loi Kroh is walking distance to the night markets and the old city, more restaurants than you can shake a stick at within a 10 minute walk. Very nice and VERY clean hotel in your price range, with plenty of parking. Has a German restaurant beside it that is excellent. Be advised though, that it is very popular and booking is essential. It is on the internet.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

be warned C M is not anywhere near as good as Pattaya for such. In fact it's outright pathetic.

I went to 'Foxy Lady' last Saturday at 8pm, (Loi Krow pub crawl) an amazing selection of slim young ladies.

It was packed at that time, the guys I was with mentioned they had never been that early before, and the girls were all gone by the times they usually arrived.

Archived