Cat Surgery

What procedure needs to be done?  I had my female cat spayed as she liked to go out at night and find a fun short time (don't we all).  I took her to my local vet on Soi Siam Country Club and all went well.  

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.937788,100.9123329,3a,75y,355.47h,96.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6LJkTz27yQi5ptTEjKjcBA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

1 hour ago, bbko said:

What procedure needs to be done?  I had my female cat spayed as she liked to go out at night and find a fun short time (don't we all).  I took her to my local vet on Soi Siam Country Club and all went well.  

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.937788,100.9123329,3a,75y,355.47h,96.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6LJkTz27yQi5ptTEjKjcBA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Cat has a 100% dislocated hip from being hit by a motorbike.

10 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

trying to visualise what a 100% looks like?

Image result for cat legless ???? 

once saw a photo of a 100% dislocated wrist...

but it took a: moving train, a railway line, and a drunk to put that alltogether, into context...

but it did make front page news, when it (the hand photo) was used to put out the question;

"do you recognise this man?"

(by the ring that was on the finger)

37 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

You're going to need one of the bigger pet hospitals and not a small one doc shop, there's a few on Sukhumvit, I live on the dark side and have used Nern Plab Wan Animal Hospital in the past (not for major surgery though) and will use them in the future,  

Google "Nern Phlap Waan Animal Hospital" for directions as it's somewhat hidden off the main soi.

3 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Nongprue Aunt takes her cats to Pattaya Community Pet Hospital

Soi Nern Pab Wan, Pattaya (ซอย เนินพลับหวาน)

12°55'48.9"N 100°54'51.9"E

12.930251, 100.914410

vet.JPG.7e196ff8633494db18d81fb1c84818e2.JPG

I used this place once, expensive,  I will not use them anytime soon.

A friend told me to contact Paws Bangkok, which I did, and got some great advice from them.

https://www.facebook.com/pawsbangkok/

Have decided to not go ahead with the operation, and its really unbelievable how well the cat is walking about just 4 days after being hit. Trying to stop him running and jumping about is a problem.

A bigger problem is constipation, which has always been a problem now and again, but was told by the above, that can be made worse with a hip injury.

Any more advice of dealing with cat constipation here in Pattaya is most welcome.

Maybe Jomtien Animal Hospital on Sukhumvit opposite the Ford showroom might be worth a visit.

But as you have turned away from surgery to asking advice I will move the topic to the pets and vets forum where the constipation problem might be better be addressed.

Archived