Apt or condo rental in Chitlom area (and BTS line)

Number 6

I very much may be in the market for an apartment or condo rental in this area. I realize its crazy expensive and there really is not a great deal of choice at the bottom end.

Greater Lumpini area and north of BTS line and or along BTS after Nana.

Should be 15 minute walk to Chitlom BTS.

Another possibility is living along the BTS line. I would not want to go as far out as Onnut. The other direction I'm not familiar with as I totally have avoided BTS since forever.

My reason for posting is for local tips, information. I've checked all the worthless websites. No interest in other noob sites like mrroomfinder.

We are looking for a quiet, clean little place 30-40sqm. Free of tourists, short term expats, Chinese and pets. Nothing around Nana.

If you know of a place, we are clean, stable people. We've been in this place now almost 8 years.

Thanks

How about the area near the new extension from hualumphong?  Chitlom is crawling with tourist, period...having to be near there is a big constraints, and yes, very high rent...Consider canal boat areas...even the Democracy area/fringes of KSR...I am up the river near the end of the ferry but also can walk to MRT and scores of good busses...Chitlom twice a day in rush hour would suck big time, though.  Few Chinese up here, or farang, but the areas on the fringes of Chinatown, like Thewet and Bang pho are great and quite nice to walk and shop, but on the brink of being expensive.  

Thanks to everyone. Yeah when I was at Chitlom I was going a bit nuts. Some idiot stepped on my shoes alighting. Thanks I'm woke.

Wife mentioned Saphan Kwai. Her aunt is up there. I'd looked in Phayathai in a few sites nothing really came up.

Near Hualumpong wife's parents live down there. It's a bit run down for my taste. New extension? That's MRT no? Not open either

Maybe we just stay put and I transfer at Asoke Sukhumvhit. Jeez I hate BTS ????

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Thanks to everyone. Yeah when I was at Chitlom I was going a bit nuts. Some idiot stepped on my shoes alighting. Thanks I'm woke.

Wife mentioned Saphan Kwai. Her aunt is up there. I'd looked in Phayathai in a few sites nothing really came up.

Near Hualumpong wife's parents live down there. It's a bit run down for my taste. New extension? That's MRT no? Not open either

Maybe we just stay put and I transfer at Asoke Sukhumvhit. Jeez I hate BTS ????

Open in September..yes, MRT....most of BKK is worth more without the buildings...

Archived