BANGKOK 20 February 2019 05:40
ghworker2010

I don't think that I would buy another pickup truck in the future

I have an isuzu truck around 3 yrs old. Negative issues:

- Sore back and bum on long trips

- Driving over bitumen roads with potholes/ uneven surfaces, at moderate speed, results in the truck being unstable. It feels like the car is sliding a bit out of control for a few seconds. 

- Last week I was driving in heavy rain on a road in our city and proceeded to overtake at a slow speed. My truck slid for 1 to 2 seconds out of control which scared the shit out of me. A year ago the same thing happened on a gravel road but I was going a bit faster. 

My 4 tires are only 1 yr old - chinese brand. Im assuming they are ok. 

Im thinking of putting several large heavy sand bags in the back of the truck to see if that helps. 

Recently I drove the father in laws new toyota sedan. I felt it was a safer and more comfortable drive at all speeds. 

Does anyone else have these issues?

• Like 2

Yes, can't help feeling that the truck was a bad purchase. Never really needed to use the back, maybe 5 occasions in 7 years.

Thinkin of a car but don't wanna get caught up in paying out 10,000 baht for the next 3 to 4 years again.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Pickups are what they are a commercial lump so will handle accordingly. At speed they can be a death trap. I brought my Toyo Vigo 4x4 many years ago, great for shifting things for the then new house. But once I had finished that found it almost useless unless you fitted a top for the back end. Rainy season, any luggage would get buggered. Sold it and brought a MPV. Difference was very noticeable. I didn't get buggered legs/back on a run due to their much better seating so was the comfort ride wise. Could get almost as much in the back if loaded correctly. Conclusion would I buy another pickup No. Even though they a somewhat cheaper. Tip make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure.

But You Have.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rear wheel drive.

If you give more gas than it can handle it will spin/slide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ghworker2010 said:

I have an isuzu truck around 3 yrs old. Negative issues:

- Sore back and bum on long trips

- Driving over bitumen roads with potholes/ uneven surfaces, at moderate speed, results in the truck being unstable. It feels like the car is sliding a bit out of control for a few seconds. 

- Last week I was driving in heavy rain on a road in our city and proceeded to overtake at a slow speed. My truck slid for 1 to 2 seconds out of control which scared the shit out of me. A year ago the same thing happened on a gravel road but I was going a bit faster. 

My 4 tires are only 1 yr old - chinese brand. Im assuming they are ok. 

Im thinking of putting several large heavy sand bags in the back of the truck to see if that helps. 

Recently I drove the father in laws new toyota sedan. I felt it was a safer and more comfortable drive at all speeds. 

Does anyone else have these issues?

" Does anyone else have these issues? " No I don't but apart from knowledge and the the drivers ability, there's a few things that sum this up IMO opinion, dosh, suspension design, tyre pressures, ground height, knowing the limitations of vehicle type.

I have an Isuzu smartcab so it's designed to be a workhorse an SUV unless you have big bucks for western specs what do you expect.

Had a Vigo 4 door before and set that up to drive comfortably even better than your moderate car, as for most affordable SUVs what are they in Thailand.

We will still need a truck from time to time not as much now as it has turned out, so when I change suspension which is the main comfort thing with this truck, I shall get rid of the air shocks, the height I'm happy with although it's affects cornering, tyres OK I like em but the rear I put psi same front, that's as good as it gets.

I can't afford a Range Rover 5.0 V8 S/C 565 Svautobiography Dynamic 4Dr Auto or Porsche Cayenne.  😄

• Like 2

I put the rears up a bit to make a Truck slide, made it fun,!, back then the import Nissan's Big M did not even have Fridge, you had to get it fitted yourself.

• Haha 1