I don't think that I would buy another pickup truck in the future

ghworker2010

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, spidermike007 said:

And if you do, please do the nation a favor, and do not buy another diesel. With the air being what it is, the last thing in the world this country needs, is one more diesel vehicle. 

so true, i never understand why people keep buying ridiculous diesel cars, even German ones.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:24 PM, HAKAPALITA said:

They should only sell them to Ferangs with Work Permits.

If you're serious, that's one of the most restrictive ideas I've seen posted on  this forum since I've been a member.

myshem

I was thinking that only farmers by ugly and uncomfortable trucks ?!

I'd suggest you try out a modern comfortable truck and compare the difference.

If you're serious, that's one of the most restrictive ideas I've seen posted on  this forum since I've been a member.

myshem

I was thinking that only farmers by ugly and uncomfortable trucks ?!

I'd suggest you try out a modern comfortable truck and compare the difference.  

Yeah, 3l engine & 18” wheels compared to a 1.5l engine and 14” wheels for the same money, only a fool would buy (by?) one...

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yeah, 3l engine & 18” wheels compared to a 1.5l engine and 14” wheels for the same money, only a fool would buy (by?) one...

I think that's the issue. Due to the Thai car sales tax regime the pricing of vehicles is different to almost anywhere else. So a small economy car is the same price as a large pickup. Hence the popularity of pickups.  However having owned one (Mitsubishi) for a year I wouldn't contemplate another. Skittish handling and a bouncy ride that becomes very fatiguing on a long drive. They are also painful to park in the city.

I now drive a Camry.

On 2/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, worgeordie said:

"chinese brand . Im assuming they are ok." I would not assume

anything made in China, I also have an Isuzu, with Michelin tyres,

and don't have the problems you have.

regards worgeordie

Agreed. In fact, I've got a small scrap of paper ready to make a list.

Wll anyone out there start naming quality products made in China? 

I think that's the issue. Due to the Thai car sales tax regime the pricing of vehicles is different to almost anywhere else. So a small economy car is the same price as a large pickup. Hence the popularity of pickups.  However having owned one (Mitsubishi) for a year I wouldn't contemplate another. Skittish handling and a bouncy ride that becomes very fatiguing on a long drive. They are also painful to park in the city.
I now drive a Camry.

I’ve owned a Ford Ranger for 5-6 yrs. I drive it to KL every 3 months or so, a round trip of about 5,000 kms. No problems whatsoever with handling or comfort. In fact, love the cabin space compared to a more low slung sedan.

Parking even in the cities are never a problem, even without rear cameras.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

iPhone, iPad

Hmmm. I seem to remember multiples problems with antennae on early models, as well as battery issues lately. I have never personally bought an apple product as I consider them too expensive and too proprietary. Still, I'll generally agree with you on these products compared to other Chinese products.

I would point out that these are also very expensive products designed in US with close supervision and control of component sourcing, QA, testing standards. Also they are sold and warranted by a reputable company who cares about customer satisfaction. The vast majority of Chinese good don't come close to these factors. 

Knowing this, the market is flooded with fake Chinese accessories such as chargers for Apple products that are dangerous to use or even possess. It's almost impossible to tell the fakes from the original and reading charger reviews on Amazon products shows that many people refuse to buy chargers from Amazon because the provenance is indeterminate. 

Here in Thailand it is simply impossible to buy a safe and effective charger. I've bought a few that either failed, melted, or simply didn't meet their specs. So now I buy them in USA on my return trips. 

My experience in Thailand with virtually every product made in China, (and virtually everything is, including food items) has been dismal. That said, there is little choice available. 

I noticed that your list is short and I easily fit it on the tiny scrap of paper I provided for responses. 

Thanks for playing though. Thus far nobody else has. 

????

On 2/15/2019 at 9:29 PM, Gweiloman said:

I’ve owned a Ford Ranger for 5-6 yrs. I drive it to KL every 3 months or so, a round trip of about 5,000 kms. No problems whatsoever with handling or comfort. In fact, love the cabin space compared to a more low slung sedan.

Parking even in the cities are never a problem, even without rear cameras.

Coincidentally I've just arrived back from the airport at this ungodly hour. Took a friend in his nearly new Ranger (he's rather sick and heading back to Europe for treatment). The multistorey was packed and being in the Ranger was a right pain in the backside. Been there and got the T-shirt on pickups. I stand by my original statement.  But I understand why people buy them - most metal for your bucks in Thailand.

Archived