BANGKOK 21 February 2019 21:26
billsmart

The Latest Info on Retirement Visas from Immigrations

5 minutes ago, billsmart said:

For me, the news that beginning in 2020, Immigration will no longer be accepting letters from your bank to prove your income is news to me.

check the posts and you will see how many times this has been reported.... your post doesn't provide any new information, it only proofs that you didn't read the previous posts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I never seriously considered keeping a minimum balance of 800k in my Thai savings account before just because it is a waste of a lot of money. You get little or no interest on that savings from a Thai bank. I wonder if they would accept money in a Thai brokerage account. There are some large international brokerage firms in Bangkok. At least that would put the money to work. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I'd be happy if that were the case. I have the entire document, the "official" Thai version. I can't read Thai, but I can read English.

Then just post the official Thai document it's no use talking about it if you cannot read it. Someone will read it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The one thing that occurs to me is that, recall, there was an article in Khaosod EN a week or so back talking about the new official Immigration rules re monthly bank transfers into Thailand getting pushback from within Immigration. So I suppose it's possible Immigration might be rejiggering to make that a transitional policy.

But until/unless you post the Thai version of what you have, we're really not going to know what to make of it.

Here is the Thai version. Please let me know what you think, especially if you find out anything I've said on this thread is incorrect...

Retirement Visa Rules 2020 Thai.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What is the name of the form you can request from your receiving bank,  to show international transfer is received by a intermediate local bank?

23 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

It gets very old very fast the rules changing all the time..

I don't think anyone really knows.  What you mean is gets old reading TV opinions of what the rules may be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmmarvin said:

What is the name of the form you can request from your receiving bank,  to show international transfer is received by a intermediate local bank?

"Credit advice" 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My wife, who's a notoriously bad TH-EN translator, says the memo you posted is dated Jan. 28 and has a BKK Immigration phone number on the lead info at the top of the first page.

PS - Thanks very much for posting the original version in Thai, which does seem to be an official Immigration document.

Actually, it looks like an official immigration document to which has been appended further details of unknown, possibly local, origin.

Edited by cmarshall

1 hour ago, sniggie said:

Well, if this is genuine (and, as a player in the market, your company has a vested interest in it being so) then the embassies that have withdrawn the income letters will have to have a serious rethink on how they are screwing over so many of their citizens if there is no other acceptable way of proving income. Their (coordinated?) action last year was on the presumption that the income based extension would continue in some form or other. I hold out little hope, though.   

Sniggie,

As a face saving move on the part of the US Embassy, I believe that in order to get an income verification letters it would have to have endorsed Legitimate Pension Statements attached to them.  In essence, the pension letter would be the proof and the USEMB would be verifying an official pension document vs a raised right hand.

That puts one heck of burden to validate Pension Statements (in terms of source, amount and duration).