Tourist to non-o retire (again) regs

Asked about this before with sensible replies.thanks all 

However;

I,ve been here 8 years on retire visa, never been a problem.the 800k route always.

This time , I was caught short on the '" seasoning."......was advised by some to leave country for tourist visa , then extend and change to non-o back in CHIANG MAI.., when the money is in bank etc.    Seemed OK to me.      ...trouble is ..can this be applied for there,  I know this has to be applied for 20 days or so before expiry tourist visa. And then sent to Bangkok for approval.

My 800k has to come from sale of shares that I have in Thai stock market  the SET.  NORMAL SHARES  nothing complicated,

Now I hear that the money must be proved to have come from abroad.....hmmm!  After 8 years , nigh impossible.

I have only the basic UK Pension , nothing else, so thats out.

Anybody applied at CM for this?

Would you think, or ,  do you know whether or not immigration CM may accept this.  P.S  I am NOT a business man, have never worked here, never been in trouble; Just an old retired guy trying to live a quiet ,benign boring life  .          Some visa agents, no names, offer this, err, extension service for 22000 baht  plus having to travel to another province for visa .....  next year  am I trapped into doing the same thing? 

Edited by portly
More detail

You have to submit the application for the change of visa status before the last 21 days of the 60 day entry from a tourist visa or the the 30 day extension of it.

The approval of the application is done at Division 5 headquarters in Chiang Mai not Bangkok.

I think I wrote about the money coming from your shares held at the SET before in another topic. If you have proof that it came from the SET it will accepted instead of proof it came from abroad.