BANGKOK
Lacessit

Stupid farangs

Now this one is real expensive....

Under CVC 22454, California law requires you remain stopped as long as the red lights on the school bus are flashing. If you fail to stop, you may be fined up to $1,000 and your driving privilege could be suspended for 1 year.

39 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Now this one is real expensive....

Under CVC 22454, California law requires you remain stopped as long as the red lights on the school bus are flashing. If you fail to stop, you may be fined up to $1,000 and your driving privilege could be suspended for 1 year.

Interesting information , I have always wondered what Californian law CVC 22454 meant, now, if I'm ever on "Who wants be to a millionaire " and the million dollar question is :"What is Californian law 22454" , I will know the answer

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

All those who love to bad mouth cyclists and pedestrians, have you ever asked yourself who is responsible for most of Thailand's issues? Be it deaths, traffic, pollution. Ever tried to walk on the pavement in BKK at anytime of the any day? You'll get scooters beeping at you to get out of their way whilst walking on the pavement. Ever tried to cross at zebra crossing? Motorists are the cause for most of Thailand's issues.

There are sensible cyclists and pedestrians. Unfortunately to me, they seem to be in short supply in CM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

All those who love to bad mouth cyclists and pedestrians, have you ever asked yourself who is responsible for most of Thailand's issues? Be it deaths, traffic, pollution. Ever tried to walk on the pavement in BKK at anytime of the any day? You'll get scooters beeping at you to get out of their way whilst walking on the pavement. Ever tried to cross at zebra crossing? Motorists are the cause for most of Thailand's issues.

Those Zebra crossings can be perilous indeed. 

image.png.0100bc81dcb5f5afe9dc6ee5b65bd571.png

On 2/11/2019 at 6:23 PM, Lacessit said:

Sleepy? Fat? Who knows? Thai script needed.

ลาบฝรั่ง or better (and translateable) ลาบมันฝรั่ง

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, canthai55 said:

Where I come from - girls wear bonnets, cars have hoods.

Men wear boots, cars have trunks.

And we drive on the correct side of the road, as sword battles are a thing of the past 555

The side of the road was determined by the way carts were pulled. Nothing to do with sword battles.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, ZeVonderBearz said:

Ever tried to cross at zebra crossing?

Anyone that thinks they have right of way on a pedestrian crossing in LOS, needs to see a psychiatrist immediately 🙂

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 7:45 PM, HighPriority said:

Yeah, yeah... tell me again about the thousands that die every year as a result of cyclists... ?

i saw a car run a red light today... ALL CARS DISOBEY TRAFFIC LIGHTS !!

Edit: Man you’re a peach 👍🏼

Post 26 you are nothing but a bully, what a loser of a bloke 🤣

Running a bit wild with logic there mate. 

On 2/12/2019 at 12:39 PM, Odysseus123 said:

"Victor Meldrew's Big Day Out' has morphed into "VIctor's Long Weekend"

Still it is interesting to note that the 25,000 road fatalities per annum in Thailand are primarily caused by;

1.Inconsiderate foreign pedestrians

2.Spandex fetishists in general and UK cyclists in particular...

Now now. Sarcasm should be used like a rapier, not as a blunt instrument.

I do have another peeve though. Farangs riding hired scooters in the right-hand lane of the 90 km/hr highways, sans helmets, shorts and flip-flops their only attire. Saw a couple of them on Highway 1 near Chiang Rai today. They must think they are immortal.

The correct Thai translation of the word "pedestrian" means "target."

o:37;

• Haha 2

I see many farang crossing the street with little regard for vehicles... Hardly one of them looks over their shoulder... I'm amazed more pedestrians aren't killed every day here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 2/10/2019 at 9:03 PM, roo860 said:

I tried 3 times to knock him off his bike with my car, unfortunately he managed to get away.

I understand your frustration.     It can be a challenge to navigate the roads  in Thailand.     But if you had injured the Moto rider, wouldn't that be akin to attempted murder?

• Thanks 1

I understand your frustration.     It can be a challenge to navigate the roads  in Thailand.     But if you had injured the Moto rider, wouldn't that be akin to attempted murder?

I think you didn't get the joke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1