Stupid farangs

Lacessit

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

No no no Colin. Your comment only applies to UK citizens, who are starting off a low base. We Aussies are just too modest to tell everyone else how smart we are, as we don't want to create inferiority complexes unnecessarily.

You Aussies are pretty smart for unrebellious colonial convicts. Aussies are almost American!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Crossy said:

If you think they're bad try the Netherlands and (nearly as bad) Belgium. They will happily hit a pedestrian rather than change direction or (breakneck) speed.

Yes that is certainly the rule in the Netherlands but only for speed cyclist. The normal cyclist are far more mellow. Everyone hates the speed cyclists and of course the students who think its ok to ride four abreast and block the whole lane.

So its not that bad in Thailand cyclist wise.

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You Aussies are pretty smart for unrebellious colonial convicts. Aussies are almost American!

Geez, wash your mouth out with soap, please. We speak English with the sun in our voices. You guys speak it through your noses.

Our convict heritage is a badge of honour. We survived the worst the British establishment could throw at us, and we didn't need to go bat-shit crazy over the right to bear arms to do it.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Geez, wash your mouth out with soap, please. We speak English with the sun in our voices. You guys speak it through your noses.

Our convict heritage is a badge of honour. We survived the worst the British establishment could throw at us, and we didn't need to go bat-shit crazy over the right to bear arms to do it.

The idea of the right to arm bears would be no less crazy.

That's my opinion as a Brit who can't understand the obsession with killing and shooting.

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The idea of the right to arm bears would be no less crazy.

That's my opinion as a Brit who can't understand the obsession with killing and shooting.

It's more an obsession with gun ownership. I can partially understand it, because I used to be a gun owner myself. Killing and shooting is an unfortunate by-product of the system, as no nation can claim to have a 100% sane population.

What I do find weird is the way gun sales go up after every mass shooting in America. That's like trying to extinguish a fire with gasoline.

55 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's more an obsession with gun ownership. I can partially understand it, because I used to be a gun owner myself. Killing and shooting is an unfortunate by-product of the system, as no nation can claim to have a 100% sane population.

What I do find weird is the way gun sales go up after every mass shooting in America. That's like trying to extinguish a fire with gasoline.

If the gasoline excluded the oxygen, then it would go out.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

That's English you're speaking?  Hell, I thought that you were trying to strangle a squirrel using your mouth.  I know English and that's not it. 

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Lacessit if they required intelligence tests from us farangs most of us would fail, as we all left our brains behind when we came here.:cheesy:

I have reflected on this, being from the U.S. Voter intelligence tests? But then we are back to the literacy tests of the Jim Crow Era. Only this time the ignorant would be weeded out regardless of race.

A farang calling other stranger farang is always funny.

When I was in Thailand with my then GF I found the word funny and kept telling farang when spoke of others but my GF always reminded me :

"You're a farang too" ????

47 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:
hours ago, 55Jay said:

I enjoy these threads.  If, for no other reason, to see if there will be any new and exciting ways to spell farang.

Don't care about farang, i love brakes and breaks!

about time they had dedicated bicycle lanes here and that drivers would respect them. also encourage more Thai's to commute to work on cycles.  but as long as cars are seen as a status symbol and the the pollution makers that they are this will never happen.

22 minutes ago, malibukid said:

about time they had dedicated bicycle lanes here and that drivers would respect them. also encourage more Thai's to commute to work on cycles.  but as long as cars are seen as a status symbol and the the pollution makers that they are this will never happen.

You gotta be joking, its dangerous enough on a motorbike or even in a care let alone a cycle.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

That's English you're speaking?  Hell, I thought that you were trying to strangle a squirrel using your mouth.  I know English and that's not it. 

To which nation do you trace your citizenship? We don't have squirrels in Australia. We have possums.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, damascase said:

You had to steer around a farang on foot and then you start a rant about farang cyclists? What’s the connection?

In my country pedestrian's have the right of way on roads.  Drivers stop for them and don't drive around them.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, Pilotman said:

As far as Brits are concerned, in the UK, and especially around London, many cyclists are an arrogant bunch of morons, who think they have some kind of entitlement to ignore the law and  to use the road over and above motored vehicles.  If they bring that attitude to here, they won't last too long at all. Same with a few farangs crossing the road.  In their own country they may be able to saunter across at a leisurely pace , knowing that vehicles will slow down for them.  Good luck having that attitude in Thailand, as many have found out to their cost.   

Have you ever seen the speed which Thais and especially Chinese move here? Make farang look like racing snakes. Good thread for the sunny specs lot though. Did you ever see the Russians crossing at the Ambassador?

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

To which nation do you trace your citizenship? We don't have squirrels in Australia. We have possums.

I am of course English. Never heard of a possum and no idea what they sound like when being crunched by a colonial, Is it something found on that barren bit of land you call home?  ????

15 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I am of course English. Never heard of a possum and no idea what they sound like when being crunched by a colonial, Is it something found on that barren bit of land you call home?  ????

Asked and answered.

Let's see, you have the Scots brogue, Northumberland butter, Birmingham, Liverpool, Welsh, Cockney, Cornwall, upper crust - about 50 different accents in a tiny patch of sleet and snow. And you have the gall to tell me I'm strangling squirrels?

I once worked with an Englishman who came from the Lake District. Took me about 3 months to understand what he was saying. Sounded like he was gargling yoghurt.

If you think we are confusing in our speech, you should try the Kiwis. The land of interchangeable vowels.

Sometimes I see Farang tourist pedestrians cutting through the traffic when it has stopped at traffic lights...It never seems to occur to them that motorcycles can come "whizzing" through the cars in these jams. Probably because there are only a few motorbikes where they come from.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, damascase said:

You had to steer around a farang on foot and then you start a rant about farang cyclists? What’s the connection?

555555 you say what i was thinking, and then he starts to talk about an intelligence test . i think he will be the first one failing , and can say goodbye to his girlfriend driving his scooter ????

22 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Have you ever seen the speed which Thais and especially Chinese move here? Make farang look like racing snakes. Good thread for the sunny specs lot though. Did you ever see the Russians crossing at the Ambassador?

From observation, IMHO no-one can pedal a bicycle more slowly than a Thai. Watch for long enough, and sleeping pills are not necessary.

Archived