Stupid farangs

Lacessit

2 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

555555 you say what i was thinking, and then he starts to talk about an intelligence test . i think he will be the first one failing , and can say goodbye to his girlfriend driving his scooter ????

My GF weighs in at 42 kg. I weigh in at 90 kg. Her driving the scooter with me as a pillion passenger makes as much sense as your post.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Asked and answered.

Let's see, you have the Scots brogue, Northumberland butter, Birmingham, Liverpool, Welsh, Cockney, Cornwall, upper crust - about 50 different accents in a tiny patch of sleet and snow. And you have the gall to tell me I'm strangling squirrels?

I once worked with an Englishman who came from the Lake District. Took me about 3 months to understand what he was saying. Sounded like he was gargling yoghurt.

If you think we are confusing in our speech, you should try the Kiwis. The land of interchangeable vowels.

Now I agree with all of that.    

On 2/10/2019 at 10:13 AM, Crossy said:

If you think they're bad try the Netherlands and (nearly as bad) Belgium. They will happily hit a pedestrian rather than change direction or (breakneck) speed.

in Netherlands the bicycle lanes are for bikes only.

it is a traf violation and illegal for pedestrians to use that lane

have learnt my lesson a couple of times in The Hague

On 2/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, sanemax said:

If the drivers took notice of red lights , maybe the pedestrians would as well 

The point here is that a clueless tourist was breaking the traffic laws; local drivers are a different issue and it is not reasonable to infer that Thai drivers must start to drive properly before farangs will feel impelled to respect the laws.

I walk and ride around C.M. old city, with great care and fear and I see too many farangs walking and cycling on the roads as if they were at home strolling in the park. They are creating dangerous situations for everyone. 

It wouldn't bother me if the cops stopped them and fined them at the rate they who have to pay in their own country for such irresponsible behavior.

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I said " a farang on foot" and "walks on". I suppose he could have had a bicycle with him; however, I think I would have mentioned if that were the case. Pedestrian.

The post didn't make sense to you. Others seem to have understood it OK.

Nope, I'm confused too. You said:

"farang on foot who has decided to cross the intersection AGAINST a red light. In my rear vision mirror, cars andscooters are trying to get around him as he walks on. Didn't appear to be drunk or high.

What is it about farang bicycle riders"

and, phallang.

On 2/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, thaiguzzi said:
On 2/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, 55Jay said:

I enjoy these threads, if for no other reason, to see if there will be any new and exciting ways to spell farang.  Falang.  Forlong.  Furlong.  Furlung.  Frang.  :goof:

Baksida

20 minutes ago, grollies said:

Nope, I'm confused too. You said:

"farang on foot who has decided to cross the intersection AGAINST a red light. In my rear vision mirror, cars andscooters are trying to get around him as he walks on. Didn't appear to be drunk or high.

What is it about farang bicycle riders"

and, phallang.

Google segue. Aren't I allowed to do that on TV?

On 2/10/2019 at 3:49 PM, KhunBENQ said:

And if a pedestrian did he have his own traffic light? VERY unlikely.

Traffic lights where there is also a pedestrian crossing usually have red/green 'walking man' so yes pedestrians do have their own lights!

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, Lacessit said:

Perhaps the Thai authorities should consider an intelligence test for farangs before granting visas. Don't ask me who should design and assess it, that's too hard.

That's easy: Would you ride on a bicycle in heavy traffic and hope to survive?

Anybody who answers with Yes is clearly not ready for Thailand.

Another observation. Thais and farangs alike as pedestrians walk with the flow of the traffic. They seem to think there is some invisible force field around them that will prevent them being hit from behind by a bicycle, scooter, car, truck or bus.

What is that? My habit has always been to walk against the flow of traffic, so if anything is bearing down on me, I can see it and step out of the way.

7 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Traffic lights where there is also a pedestrian crossing usually have red/green 'walking man' so yes pedestrians do have their own lights!

And as a pedestrian you'd cross when your light goes green? Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, grollies said:

And as a pedestrian you'd cross when your light goes green? Good luck with that.

It is usually observed by traffic; however, once one side of the road has been cleared by the pedestrian, the traffic will start flowing again on that side. Best not to forget something and go back for it.

Just now, Lacessit said:

It is usually observed by traffic; however, once one side of the road has been cleared by the pedestrian, the traffic will start flowing again on that side. Best not to forget something and go back for it.

Really? There's video somewhere of the pedestrian crossings at Beach Road, Pattaya. Nah......

On 2/10/2019 at 4:13 PM, Crossy said:

If you think they're bad try the Netherlands and (nearly as bad) Belgium. They will happily hit a pedestrian rather than change direction or (breakneck) speed.

Same in all "civilized" European countries. Try Germany where they ride on sidewalks meant for pedestrians.

Was going to say the same thing. The fleabags drivers dont stop for red lights, leaving pedestrians to run for it when they think theres a reasonable chance of making it to the other side of the road. 

4 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Was going to say the same thing. The fleabags drivers dont stop for red lights, leaving pedestrians to run for it when they think theres a reasonable chance of making it to the other side of the road. 

Sad thing is many times the pedestrian crossing lights don't change before there is a gap in the traffic, so people jay walk! and subsequently the traffic is stopped nobody crossing!!

Shorten the wait time for pedestrians and cyclists.

Very true, but don't die defending your right of was. I may have the right of way riding my scooter with a green light, but I yield to the fast moving car or cement truck that I can clearly see has no intention of stopping. I maintain Thailand could buy another 10-15 submarines and an operational aircraft carrier a year, if they placed red-light cameras on the intersection lights. :coffee1:

Archived