Retirement visa reporting requirements - Moving from one province to another

I've decided to move to Pattaya from Chinag Mai.  I just did my 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai on 3 February.  I move to Pattaya on 15 March. 

I'm not exactly sure what I need to do with Immigration when I make the move.  Is it necessary for me to report to IMM when I arrive in Pattaya or do I just go to them on my next 90 day reporting date in May?  I'm assuming my new landlord in Pattaya will be submitting a TM-30 on my behalf when I arrive in Pattaya.

Edited by CangguSurfer

You are supposed to report to your new office within 24 hrs. (or next business day) after you move in, though they are not going to know exactly when you moved.  I would not rely on the landlord to do the TM 30, unless you have discussed it with him.

With regard to the "90 days", it will reset to 0 when you notify Jomtien Immigration.

Edited by allane
x

7 hours ago, allane said:

You are supposed to report to your new office within 24 hrs. (or next business day) after you move in, though they are not going to know exactly when you moved.  I would not rely on the landlord to do the TM 30, unless you have discussed it with him.

With regard to the "90 days", it will reset to 0 when you notify Jomtien Immigration.

Are you sure about that?  I thought the 90 day reset was only if you leave and re-enter the Kingdom.  Probably best to take your advice, just wondering.  The whole IMM thing is a constant source of confusion to me LOL!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, allane said:

With regard to the "90 days", it will reset to 0 when you notify Jomtien Immigration

Sure about this, does submitting of a TM 30 affect this?

I thought a TM 28 was required and a TM 30 and the 90 days report to be subsequently done at Jomtiem when due in person. 

Edited by jacko45k

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sure about this, does submitting of a TM 30 affect this?

I thought a TM 28 was required and a TM 30 and the 90 days report to be subsequently done at Jomtiem when due in person. 

When I moved I submitted a TM 28 and TM 30 the next day at the immigration office of my new province. They also reset my 90-day report. I reported the next day after my move. But like Allane said, they really have no way of knowing when you moved. Anyway, painless. Didn't know they were going to reset the clock on my 90 Day report.  Not sure if they all do that.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, allane said:

OP definitely needs to make sure the TM30 is filed when he moves and retain a copy of whatever the landlord gets when filing or the TM30 Receipt of Notification if OP files it himself.

While there obviously is a reset of the 90-day address reporting time period when you re-enter the country, I never heard of a reset of that time period when simply moving to another province within Thailand; however, I am only familiar with Chiangmai Immigration's application of the rules and perhaps poster Allane is correct (OP....you ought to make sure about that so as to avoid a fine for late reporting.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:

I've decided to move to Pattaya from Chinag Mai.  I just did my 90 day reporting in Chiang Mai on 3 February.  I move to Pattaya on 15 March. 

First thing is to do is a TM30. Insist the landlord does it and keep copy. My thai real estate agent did it for me after one week of my move but not sure how it was backdated to my move date. Great, I used the same TM30 to do my 90-day reporting. No question asked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bangkok area office: When I moved to my girlfriends apartment. my 90 days was reset from Jan 15 to April 2.  We filed a TM-28 and a TM-30 ( copies of her Housebook and her ID were presented ).  Why the worry, you do NOT loose any time?

It is my SUGGESTION, that you do the TM-28 and TM-30 YOURSELF so that YOU are sure the proper paperwork is done, ( you can file as possessor ) and on your next visit to the IO, you do not end up with a suprise fine.  People HAVE been fined when a IO'er found a problem.  On that note, if you are renting from  a major complex ( NOT a private person ). USUALLY the paperwork IS done.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks everybody for your very helpful comments! ????  ThaiVIsa forums offer such an incredible wealth of information, especially when it comes to confusing and seemingly illogical Immigration matters.

I do have one question though concerning the TM.30.  I am under the impression that the landlord (not I) submits the TM.30.  My responsibility is only to present a xerox copy given to me by the landlord or Juristic Person that proves that the TM.30 has been filed with Immigration.  Is that correct?

Edited by CangguSurfer

2 hours ago, CangguSurfer said:

Thanks everybody for your very helpful comments! ????  ThaiVIsa forums offer such an incredible wealth of information, especially when it comes to confusing and seemingly illogical Immigration matters.

I do have one question though concerning the TM.30.  I am under the impression that the landlord (not I) submits the TM.30.  My responsibility is only to present a xerox copy given to me by the landlord or Juristic Person that proves that the TM.30 has been filed with Immigration.  Is that correct?

Yes, but you get a receipt to keep in your passport.

If the landlord refuses to do it, you may have to do it yourself, many people do.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CangguSurfer said:

One last question:  Is there anything at all I need to do with IMM in Chiang Mai before I head to Pattaya, or do I just do everything in Pattaya?

You only need to report your change of address to immigration in Pattaya.

• Thanks 2