I see a higher amount of decent paying jobs for my line of work (web development) than I would have guessed. That I am already in Thailand may be a bonus to some who require relocation to Thailand. Web Development being telecommute friendly, some employers offer full remote or "scheduled meetings only" arrangements.

Pattaya doesn't have a great reputation at least where I'm from. Is it a black mark when applying for jobs here?

Just "move yourself" on your resume to virtually anywhere else in the Eastern Seaboard Industrial area and suddenly you are no longer a sexpat but have become somebody working in industry.

If you are applying for jobs within Thailand, I don't think it really matters.

Normal Thai women hate the idea of Pattaya. "Bad people there!" I hear it all the time.  When my Thai girlfriends reads my "resume" the first question is "Have you ever been to Pattaya?"

Google Pattaya. Yikes what comes up first. 

Better to say to Rayong. 

9 minutes ago, Tonyt00 said:

Why do you put Pattaya on your resume? I live in Pattaya and address is Banglamung or Nongpure, nothing about Pattaya.

Nongprue (subdistrict), Banglamung district, Chonburi province :biggrin:
And Chonburi is well reputed being on the eastern seaboard, THE center of industrial production in Thailand.

Archived