Vientiane guesthouse checkin times

I'm trying a new itenerary this trip where I take a 6am flight to UTH (Nok Air), 2.5 to 3 hours getting into Laos, and then I go directly to the Thai consulate. I expect to be out towards closing time which is around 11am. A walk to downtown takes 30 minutes.

Does anyone remember the earliest checkin times they allow? I believe they want you out by 12pm for checkout, I'm hoping checkin times are around that hour to avoid buying 2 days for just a few extra hours.

This varies by hotel/guesthouse - and depends on bookings (how full they are).  At Mukdahan, last trip, I could not check in a minute early, nor depart a minute late, due to them being booked-solid.  That was peak high-season, though.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about the guest house check in.

Are you aware you have to make an appointment to a apply for a visa at the consular section. See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Good information. Looking on the FAQ page I see this:

What is the business hours for visa application?

Business hours: Monday - Friday, closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
The gate will be open at 9.00 a.m.; only visa applicants can enter the Consular Section.
Submission of applications: 9.00 a.m. - 12.00 a.m.

Which personal information do I need to fill in online to create my personal account and schedule an appointment?

You will need to provide the following personal information:
Name
Date of birth
Information on your passport page
Your preferred date and time of appointment

1. Looks like they moved the submission time from 8:30 - 11 to 9-12 

2. It says prefered date AND time. Does their system force a time slot on you if your preferred one isn't available? That could limit my ability to do the early morning flight and consultate visit around 10:30 - 11am

Edited by Hal65

When I was visa hopping I was a regular customer at Ibis (very fast and reliable internet and very comfortable beds). They would rarely let me check in early except once when they obviously didn't have too many customers. 

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

2. It says prefered date AND time. Does their system force a time slot on you if your preferred one isn't available? That could limit my ability to do the early morning flight and consultate visit around 10:30 - 11am

I think it would give you another choice not lock you in to one you did not want.

• Like 1