BANGKOK 26 March 2019 01:13
shaemus

Grunfos SP bore water pumps

I just read a interesting thread on bore pumps, having just had a bore drilled i am now looking for a suitable pump. 

I am looking for a Grunfos supplier. Can any one help?

I went to one in Khon kaen the other day and was a bit shocked as they were attempting to charge me 550 Bht for a 20" 1 micron filter, where as i an buy them online for 40Bht.

The same shop has a promotion on and is selling the SPA3A-12 for 14000Bht is this a good price?

Thanks

Shaemus

A bit more information would help those to advise.  How deep is the bore and how far to the water level?  Bore hole casing size?

Edit: and how will the pump be used?  IE: just to fill a tank?

Edited by bankruatsteve
  • Like 1

"Grundfos"

3 hours ago, shaemus said:

SPA3A-12 for 14000Bht

Assuming I hit the right button, I find it on a German website for about 780 (!) Euro.

Wow. Roughly 27000 Baht.

I don't know whether Grundfos products in Thailand are original imports from Denmark?

If so then this bargain price of 14000 Baht would even be suspicious.

I saw Grundfos pumps for house water supply in the range of 16000 to 19000 Baht in a Pattaya homestore, where a comparable Mitsubishi comes for about 7000 to 8000. My Mitsubishi runs for at least 5 years now.

Just asking (as previous poster) about the usage.

You have a 3-phase electric connection?

You need 3 cubic meters per hour?

Sure Grundfos is top quality but still you have to balance quality/price.

I bought some "NASH" own-brand at DoHome Khon Kaen for the well and it works fine since almost 4 years. Pumping about 38 m high to the tank.

I remember "Franklin" (?) being a decent quality for a moderate price compared to Grundfos.

3 hours ago, shaemus said:

as they were attempting to charge me 550 Bht for a 20" 1 micron filter, where as i an buy them online for 40Bht. 

Yes, extortion.

I was asked 300 Baht for a simple 10" 5 micron filter at Global.

Ordered online for 22 Baht a piece from a Chonburi dealer.

I guess that's directly off the container.

Edited by KhunBENQ

26 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just asking (as previous poster) about the usage.

You have a 3-phase electric connection?

You need 3 cubic meters per hour?

Bore is 28m, 4 in pvc casing.

the usage will depend on how the bore clears up. i have an empty dam currently and will fill it up if i can 140kL and then make use of it from there. i have 30000l of water tanks that i can use aswell when the rain doesn't come

I am quite keen to invest in a light industrial RO plant to never have to worry about water again. We are quite remote and not on the village water. There was talk of putting us on but it went no where and i wasn't going to pay the lions share so the other farms on the Rd can access the pipe i pay for, plus it'd be a 2Km run from the village rd so some inline pumps would be required. 

I have single phase atm, although my voltage is low as the Voltage Drop is very high. The TF is 300m away i am yet to approach the PEA to sort the Voltage drop out i am hoping they dont try to force 3Ph on me, as i dont really want to pay for the TF. I have wired and have contingency to allow for a 3 Ph feed is required

I dont need 3Cu m per hour, i have had a brief look at the Grundfos info and i can use those pumps on a VFD so i can regulate the flow as much as i like. 

My light understanding of bores errs me to caution, i dont want to take to much and i really want to set and forget with the pump..

Te shop i went to seemed pretty legit and they have a good range of equipment and spares, i have contacted Grundfos Th to get a list of dealers so i can compare prices. etc etc. They had a few of the constant pressure household pumps which were heavily discounted and i saw the same pumps in Home hub for the same price so i can assume it a national price campaign from Grundfos.

i dont know how much the VFD units are but i recon they will be pricey with Grundfos badge on. I would just  use  nice cheap chinese one for now

Edited by shaemus

Got it. Not a simple house tank supply.

If you consider the dealer trustworthy then the 14000 Baht seems a good price for this product.

I was asking about 3-phase as the Grundfos model you mention seems to be a 3-phase?

(or am I wrong).

Mine is single-phase with that control box (capacitor) to create the phase shift.

You didn't respond to depth of things but it's likely that you don't need the expensive Grundfos for your requirement.  There are pumps much less expensive ("jet pumps") that could easily handle the task of putting water in a pond.  Again, your specifics would help those who want to help you.

Edit: I just notice you posted:  "Bore is 28m, 4 in pvc casing."  I think within the range of jet pump.

Edited by bankruatsteve
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

There are pumps much less expensive ("jet pumps") that could easily handle the task of putting water in a pond.

A bit more than half the price for a single-phase pump I estimate.

4 inch is pricier than my little 3 inch model (7000 Baht).

19 hours ago, shaemus said:

I am looking for a Grunfos supplier. Can any one help?

I went to one in Khon kaen the other day

the main Grundfos dealer in Khon Kaen is iWater. They are a little further south than the Laotian Consulate on frontage road just off the Udon KK road. That's where our SCALA2 pump came from

โทรศัพท์

Address
เลขที่ 599 หมู่ 2 ถนนมิตรภาพ
ตำบลศิลา อำเภอเมืองขอนแก่น
จังหวัดขอนแก่น 40000

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 2/11/2019 at 1:00 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

the main Grundfos dealer in Khon Kaen is iWater. They are a little further south than the Laotian Consulate on frontage road just off the Udon KK road. That's where our SCALA2 pump came from

โทรศัพท์

Address
เลขที่ 599 หมู่ 2 ถนนมิตรภาพ
ตำบลศิลา อำเภอเมืองขอนแก่น
จังหวัดขอนแก่น 40000

Thanks for the details. i have been in touch and i am still waiting for the price list.

Youre going to need an external bladder tank and pressure switches with that pump. It produces quite a bit of head & flow. 

Have you planned for this? 

Franklin submirsible pumps are sold everywhere. Franklin pump and flowtech (or comparable) bladder tank is what I would do if I was doing another 4" well. 

1 hour ago, shaemus said:

Its a good idea to give rough idea of well capacity when researching well pumps and storage. This information is normally provided by the well driller during final test. Then comes the problem with trying to fit a 4 inch  submersible pump in a 4 inch casing.  

11 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Its a good idea to give rough idea of well capacity when researching well pumps and storage. This information is normally provided by the well driller during final test. Then comes the problem with trying to fit a 4 inch  submersible pump in a 4 inch casing.  

2" pump is more than enough (considering the well is only 28 meters deep and you select the appropriate flow vs head) and easily fits in a 4" bore, but good luck getting well capacity from up-country drillers. 

Also most 4" submersible pumps are about 3.85" in diameter so they will fit too. 

29 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

2" pump is more than enough (considering the well is only 28 meters deep and you select the appropriate flow vs head) and easily fits in a 4" bore, but good luck getting well capacity from up-country drillers. 

Also most 4" submersible pumps are about 3.85" in diameter so they will fit too. 

No mention of a 2 inch pump so far only a Grundfoss SPA3A-12 which is 4 inch.

Anyone who lets deep well drillers walk without a capacity test is an idiot up country or not.

As for dropping 3.85 dia pumps (hair splitting) down a 4 inch bore its got to be another LOL sorry.