looking for single house not in a moo ban

hello everybody

i am looking for a single house to buy around hua hin not in a mooban and i find it very difficult to find : 99% of the adds are of houses inside mooban which i wd like to avoid...

do you have any tips about it ?

websites ? and why is it so rare ? 

thanks for answers,

cheers 

fred

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

0-3.5m 

163 results.

Unsure of moo baan answer but sure a lot of these results may be moo baan. But it's a start.

https://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-sale?region_code=TH77&district_code=TH7707&market=residential&property_type_code[]=BUNG&property_type=B&maxprice=3500000

thank you but yes it's inside mooban

what i dont like is that all houses look the same and you can touch your neighbour's house from your window... 

In many parts of Thailand there are signs everywhere, often on electricity etc., poles (usually 25 - 30 cm wide, 50 - 55 cm deep) all in Thai, houses for sale.

Not in your area?

Can you read Thai, is there someone to help with translation?

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

In many parts of Thailand there are signs everywhere, often on electricity etc., poles (usually 25 - 30 cm wide, 50 - 55 cm deep) all in Thai, houses for sale.

Not in your area?

Can you read Thai, is there someone to help with translation?

thanks i should have say i am not currently in thailand and i'm searching internet and my wife is thai so we will go around when we'll be there in july 

20 minutes ago, federico said:

thank you but yes it's inside mooban

what i dont like is that all houses look the same and you can touch your neighbour's house from your window... 

I used to think that too but the other end of the issue is you may end up next to something much worse than a normal working person. For example. A person just arrives on land close to you and begins a noise or pollution filled business. Many moo baan offer a sense of community which and the closeness of one another prevents crime and many have security and parks inside. A lot of them also lock secondary access gates and use only the main security manned gate at night. We do have a neighbour who makes a problem every week but just shouting at all cars as he's high on yabba I'm told. It's a small price to pay IMO and where we live is fine for the short term future. In an ideal world id like a house not so close to others in a city perimeter but that's not as straight forward and practical as it sounds when you consider the downsides.

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I used to think that too but the other end of the issue is you may end up next to something much worse than a normal working person. For example. A person just arrives on land close to you and begins a noise or pollution filled business. Many moo baan offer a sense of community which and the closeness of one another prevents crime and many have security and parks inside. A lot of them also lock secondary access gates and use only the main security manned gate at night. We do have a neighbour who makes a problem every week but just shouting at all cars as he's high on yabba I'm told. It's a small price to pay IMO and where we live is fine for the short term future. In an ideal world id like a house not so close to others in a city perimeter but that's not as straight forward and practical as it sounds when you consider the downsides.

And step by step (still a long way to go), owners / residents of moo baan's are slowly becoming more vocal and expecting a more solid 'village community' approach, and at the same time slowly respecting that all of this comes with having and abiding by appropriate regulations.

3 hours ago, federico said:

thanks i should have say i am not currently in thailand and i'm searching internet and my wife is thai so we will go around when we'll be there in july 

Let me add, the signs I refer to are mostly hand written using a thick texta pen, with the ocasional small photo.

Good luck...

Many of the houses are not advertised online, but only on the signs that scorecard mentioned and also simply by telling their neighbours.

So what you have to do is look for an area that you like, and then go there, look for these signs and just ask the locals.

This does of course make it quite difficult, but you don't have much choice if you want this type of house.

In general i would recommend to rent a place here in Thailand, and if you want to invest money in property, do this in your home country.

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

Many of the houses are not advertised online, but only on the signs that scorecard mentioned and also simply by telling their neighbours.

So what you have to do is look for an area that you like, and then go there, look for these signs and just ask the locals.

This does of course make it quite difficult, but you don't have much choice if you want this type of house.

In general i would recommend to rent a place here in Thailand, and if you want to invest money in property, do this in your home country.

And / or select a house you like and approach the owner saying your interested to buy but only after renting the property the for 90 days, with written mention that after 90 days you can back out totally etc. 

I have a friend who is an independent builder. She does not advertise except some roadside signs. Her team is currently building in Samor Prong. She built me a 5 bed room house and she is currently building a 3 bed room house around the corner from me. Please contact me if you want sample pictures or would like to view her work.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Maybe here you can find house for sale in Thailand in the region that you like. I don't know if you checked this website before. A year ago I was looking to rent a property and found option there maybe with sales will be the same in your case. 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, Aquaman2016 said:

I have a friend who is an independent builder. She does not advertise except some roadside signs. Her team is currently building in Samor Prong. She built me a 5 bed room house and she is currently building a 3 bed room house around the corner from me. Please contact me if you want sample pictures or would like to view her work.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Why so shy just post the content

Archived