Good place to get blood tests/check up on Koh Samui?

I regularly have blood tests to monitor my PSA. I go to Dr Apple at Sri Phala clinic just off the Monkey Theater Road at Bophut.

Results back next day and much cheaper than Bangkok Samui Hospital

Another option is the new doctor in Bangrak. Friends went there for a full check up including blood (and stool) tests. Opposite M & M's?

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

I regularly have blood tests to monitor my PSA. I go to Dr Apple at Sri Phala clinic just off the Monkey Theater Road at Bophut.

Results back next day and much cheaper than Bangkok Samui Hospital

Another option is the new doctor in Bangrak. Friends went there for a full check up including blood (and stool) tests. Opposite M & M's?

Yes she's based close to the Pier resort. Samui Home Clinic. Very good indeed.

First, well done to the OP for accepting that, at age 49, it is time for this kind of thing; I (reluctantly) came to a similar decision a relatively short while ago and am pleased that I did. 

Second, I second @Tropicalevo's post above; I have visited Dr Apple and think she is great. To clarify the directions, when traveling from Mae Nam/Bophut to Cheweng, go through the ring road traffic lights at the Bophut police station, slightly past the Bophut market, and take your first right (100M or so). Go along that road for a bit until you see a sign telling you to turn right again. I would also endorse the suggestion of the new Doc in Bangrak; I haven't visited, but know people who have and they were pleased.

Third, @steelerian, the cost of doing it is usually cheaper at a clinic rather than a hospital, but will depend on what exactly you are checking for. Ask.

Finally, I will draw your attention to a thread started by @Tropicalevo some time ago; it is slightly dated, but still the best thread on doctors/costs/clinics/general health on Samui that I have seen. Mods; perhaps this could be pinned?

Archived