BANGKOK 22 February 2019 00:34
whitek

Unusual/odd sights/places/activities in Bangkok?

If its not too hot , take any of the old public buses with open windows to the end of the line and have a bite to eat and head back , Weekend mornings are best so you are not stuck in traffic.....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, manarak said:

Tub Tim phallic temple (a bit difficult to find)

Have a look here.

12 hours ago, whitek said:

C Cup Cafe is one of the most loved places in Bangkok, and of course mostly for men.

There used to be a D-Cup Cafe at the Nana BTS station owned and run by an Aussie barista, Bert was his name I think... not a D-cup anywhere in sight though. :cool:

Not sure if it's still there...

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Wachirabenchatat Park with Bangkok Butterfly Garden.

Cool place.

25 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

If its not too hot , take any of the old public buses with open windows to the end of the line and have a bite to eat and head back , Weekend mornings are best so you are not stuck in traffic.....

I do that with the Chao Phraya Express Boat. Ride to Nothanburi, walk around, eat, go back

• Like 1

Bangkokian Museum.  Very pretty.  And if Thai-style houses are your thing, Suan Pakkad Palace and Jim Thompson's house (yes tourist attraction, but quite pretty and I absolutely love a couple of the Buddha statues there).

On Bang Krachao there's the Siamese Fighting Fish Gallery, with lots of information about the fish and their lifestyle (when they're not confined to tiny bowls...)

On 2/11/2019 at 4:26 PM, moontang said:

Could take a train from Bang Su for less than 10 THB... 

Ah, yes Future Park is ginormous! So, good tip!

Just go random:

Today I went out looking for Jok by getting off bTS at Saphan Taksin, was too baked and lost myself, passed by the Jok spot, ended up looking at jewelry down Charoen Krung and then having a fabulicious Ham, Tomato and Garlic Fromage (real cheese) Paninni with a killer Americano pumped out by some Porto Expat Chef (with his gf evidently) in a cute cafe near River City, then taking pics of the Church, then hanging out at the Marine Pier, then riding the packed ferry to Phra Artit, then going down to Khao San Road and buying a pipe and a t-shirt, then snagging a Tuk Tuk to Hua Lamphong MRT, then to Silom, watch them weld up the barriers for when they take down the Dusit, cross the street and sit by the pond for a bit, then back to the BTS and home for dinner.

• Like 1