BANGKOK 21 February 2019 12:17
webfact

Pedestrian flyover considered after student killed while crossing road

Pedestrian flyover considered after student killed while crossing road

By The Nation

e0299a27ad1faba8dd52921c0129acee-sld.jpe

Relevant authorities are planning to build a pedestrian flyover in front of a college in Nakhon Pathom province after a motorcycle fatally hit a 15-year-old student while she was crossing the road.

Hataipat Tantasirin was hit while she was walking across the zebra crossing to the College of Dramatic Arts Salaya on January 22. She succumbed to her injuries on February 8.

Though badly affected by the loss of her daughter, Neungrutai said she was glad that the authorities are finally paying attention to the safety of people who have to cross roads. 

“If a pedestrian flyover is really built at that spot, at least my daughter’s death with not be in vain,” she said, adding that she will take legal action against the motorcyclist right to the end. 

Hataipat’s seven-day funeral ceremony will be held at Lao Temple in Bangkok’s Bang Khunthien and she will be cremated on February 17.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363857

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-11

"If" this was my child that was killed, I would be storming the inept police...the supervisors (just as inept), and higher-ups. This HAS to stop!. Pay attention Thailand...you are being watched:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well in that case, flyovers are necessary in towns all over Thailand as the reckless and careless drivers (provided they are Thai and not farang of course) are all over and fear at most, say a 2000 THB fine if they kill anybody ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

well in that case, flyovers are necessary in towns all over Thailand as the reckless and careless drivers (provided they are Thai and not farang of course) are all over and fear at most, say a 2000 THB fine if they kill anybody ...

Fly-overs are necessary? And how did the "fly-overs" avert this tragedy? Pathetic....people losing their lives and a wai as well as a "pittance" of compensation. Again...."if" this was your child, would you simply accept the "oh well"?

So does Thailand accept the loss of life as "oh well"?. if so, then more reason to never park my butt in that country.

18 minutes ago, mok199 said:

Saddly this type of tragedy has a short shelf life ....Pedestrians and people are just an inconvienience ,Thailands money machine cant afford to worry about such trivialities,and it does not fit their narrative....TIME FOR AN HONEST TAXI DRIVER TALE TALE..

2 minutes ago, TMNH said:

So does Thailand accept the loss of life as "oh well"?. if so, then more reason to never park my butt in that country.

It should not matter whether a taxi driver hit the child...the point is that Thais have no <deleted> driving skills and should not be driving- whether a car or moped. And even more so, "if" I hit someone and unfortunately killed them, i would be seriously affected. Thais? Nope...just go on with your regular activities. And that is what I'm saying. WHY are Thais oblivious to harm? Empathy......"if" it happened to the Thais that are so insensitive to these tragedies- in other words..."if" a family member was maimed or killed, would they feel differently?

I know a couple Thai natives that I occasionally speak with and I get the sense that their "empathy" is non-existent. And there-in lies the issue:)

Devastating to loose your child in such a way..

That mother will never get over her loss..

made the road larger in front of the school, 8 lines instead of the usual 4 and place some red marks on the road with write slow down, do not paint any pedestrian crossing lines and let some monkey brained idiots drive 2 tons pick ups after watching a 5 hours video... This is how you will have a safe road and Thailand 4.1 it's done!

• Like 1

Inflammatory posts have been removed. 

Grammar police posts and replies removed as well.