Pattaya internet and fibre optics

Novoal

Hi ...I am just about to move into a house near sukumovit rd near pattaya Klang and I have looked at the True and 3BB providers and I’m looking for the best overall strongest internet  provider in that area ....true can provide fibre optic which include internet ,tv channels ,wi-fi ..200/100 mbps...10 GB....and mobile for 1,800 bht /mth

3BB can supply as they say fibre with 200/100 Mbps ,internet ,wi-fi only for 1284 bht no mobile phone ...I get very vague answers  whenever I approach 3BB staff especially if you ask about how is the signal attached to the house ..

What I am asking is any of these providers have good coverage and is there a better cheaper telecommunications provider for this area in pattaya for strong internet .TV..etc ?.?

Why would you want to combine your mobile phone with those other things? I have a pre-paid SIM which costs me less than 250B a year as I hardly ever make calls on it.

As for the internet, do you actually want the TV channels that True offers, and are they worth that much to you? If so, go for it. Personally I dont watch local TV at all and I dont miss it.

My 3BB 50/20 VDSL is enough for my needs at about 800B/month. If I could switch to 3BB fibre then I would do so, simply because it is more reliable than VDSL and costs about the same price, but it is not available in my condo building. I dont quite see the point of paying extra for 200/100 packages, especially as the speed to places outside of Thailand may not be at the maximum the package allows.

ADSL/VDSL is provided over the phone line, and fibre would involve them running a fibre connection to your house. The two types of cable look quite similar to the untrained eye but they use completely different types of router.

20 minutes ago, Novoal said:

true can provide fibre optic ...  10 GB

10GB data on fibre optic is tiny. There must be some mistake there. In fact I've never heard of a fibre package being capped in that way here. Are you sure that isnt the cap on the mobile data part?

Which TV provider has the most English channels?  The few channels I get repeat the same shows over and over again,

Which TV provider has a good variety of sports?  My TV provider seems to only play soccer/futbal, Badminton, cricket, rugby, darts.  None of these I am interested in.  Just looking for variety more than anything else.

For the OP, I think I only paid 888 baht for AIS internet and TV when I lived at my condo about 18 months ago.

OP, you are talking marketing packages rather than technical connections. Its swings and roundabouts, most will have similar packages, speed, price etc. The pole at the front of your house probably has a true, 3BB, TOT etc box. Whoever you sign up with will come out and run a cable from your house to the pole. Most will supply a wifi router, depending on the package some provide an IP TV box, an included mobile phone etc etc.

The good thing is internet in Thailand is mostly unlimited, no data cap, and most of the time you will get a connection at the advertised speed, often more (to a local server).

I use 3BB 50/20 mbs VDSL which I stream with my Netflix, downloads from torrents, 3 users constantly online.. In 15 mths maybe lost service for a total of an hour.. Very reliable, no contract, free WiFi router and free install.. The new router offers dual 2.4G and 5G. At 599 Thb per month + 7% VAT = 631 Thb.. Do you really need 200/100??

Ask TMN cable if they service your area. I have TMN fiber, lots of different plans. They have an office at the Pattaya Klang and Sukhumvit intersection, on the angle road, when traveling east on Pattaya Klang, then north to Sukhumvit. The angle road is about 15 meters before reaching Sukhumvit.

12 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

OK, you are here in Thailand for what...to watch English TV? Why come to LOS at all?

Well, I certainly didn't come here to watch Thai TV.

That aside, is there a law against being happy to stay at home? Not everyone appreciates bars and noise in the evening, and not everyone likes getting through traffic jams and crowds. Personally I like to listen to my own choice of music in my own armchair. I've been doing that for the last 40 years wherever I've been living, and I see no reason to change here.

39 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Well, I certainly didn't come here to watch Thai TV.

That aside, is there a law against being happy to stay at home? Not everyone appreciates bars and noise in the evening, and not everyone likes getting through traffic jams and crowds. Personally I like to listen to my own choice of music in my own armchair. I've been doing that for the last 40 years wherever I've been living, and I see no reason to change here.

Agree. I'm quite happy living in Thailand, but still want to watch English news, documentaries, NFL, MLB etc. After nearly 20 years, I feel at home here. I'm not a tourist. I certainly don't want to spend my time glued to a bar stool.

i had 3BB in my condo. Fifteenth floor so they wouldn't/couldn't do fiber optic. Now in a house east of Sukhumvit and 3BB is connecting fiber optic in a couple of days. Only charging me 100 baht for the change of service/location & new router and monthly paying about the same as before. Never had any complaints about 3BB during about 8 years service at condo. Had TOT before that and that was not a good experience.

5 hours ago, owenm said:

I use 3BB 50/20 mbs VDSL which I stream with my Netflix, downloads from torrents, 3 users constantly online.. In 15 mths maybe lost service for a total of an hour.. Very reliable, no contract, free WiFi router and free install.. The new router offers dual 2.4G and 5G. At 599 Thb per month + 7% VAT = 631 Thb.. Do you really need 200/100??

Agreed, my 50/20 TOT connection is adequate - as much as I would like Fiber, it is not available to my Bldg in Jom Tien, when I ask TOT when it will be??  They always says with a resounding "Mai Lieu"  they have no idea.  I have been told the only connection to out bldg is TOT, winder how I can see if there are any other providers, as I suspect I am not getting what I pay for with TOT.  mine is also 50/20 VDSL.

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Agreed, my 50/20 TOT connection is adequate - as much as I would like Fiber, it is not available to my Bldg in Jom Tien, when I ask TOT when it will be??  They always says with a resounding "Mai Lieu"  they have no idea.  I have been told the only connection to out bldg is TOT, winder how I can see if there are any other providers, as I suspect I am not getting what I pay for with TOT.  mine is also 50/20 VDSL.

Who is your TV Cable provider? Bothe TMN and Sophon have fiber internet, but not to all locations at this time.

22 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Which TV provider has the most English channels?  The few channels I get repeat the same shows over and over again,

Which TV provider has a good variety of sports?  My TV provider seems to only play soccer/futbal, Badminton, cricket, rugby, darts.  None of these I am interested in.  Just looking for variety more than anything else.

For the OP, I think I only paid 888 baht for AIS internet and TV when I lived at my condo about 18 months ago.

Hi, If you have a VPN, you can use IPTV and get all the programs from UK including all the sport, costs about 40 quid for 5 connections.

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Who is your TV Cable provider? Bothe TMN and Sophon have fiber internet, but not to all locations at this time.

5 hours ago, UKMART said:

Hi, If you have a VPN, you can use IPTV and get all the programs from UK including all the sport, costs about 40 quid for 5 connections.

Ya know, I don't really know off the top of my head, I pay  once a year and it never goes down, unless there is a power outage in my bldg   -   I'll ask management.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, Suradit69 said:

Now in a house east of Sukhumvit and 3BB is connecting fiber optic in a couple of days. Only charging me 100 baht for the change of service/location & new router and monthly paying about the same as before.

3BB did the installation today.  So far all is excellent.

I'm with 3bb 50 vdslwith international package.

iConsistently get 25mbps to Singapore and usa.

I stream hd Netflix with no problem.

I would prefer 200 fibre, to stream 4k. But I do not have that option.

Service is pretty good, but the line outside keeps getting torn down by busses and trucks.

Archived