Call to arrest man in Bangkok over PM death threat

geovalin

A government spokesman yesterday said he will file a complaint to the Interior Ministry today asking it to search for and arrest a Facebook user for posting a death threat aimed at Prime Minister Hun Sen. Spokesman Phay Siphan said Facebook user Tharith Bun, a Cambodian living in Bangkok, frequently uploaded posts to insult and defame the government by using inappropriate language, mainly focused on Mr Hun Sen. “According to his posts, he wanted to cause chaos,” Mr Siphan said. “He criticised statements made by the government. He insulted a government leader by saying he would shoot Prime Minister Hun Sen in the head.”

. .

Mr Siphan noted that Cambodian authorities will seek assistance from Thai authorities to search for Mr Tharith to have him deported once the complaint reaches the Interior Ministry. “Cambodia and Thailand have a joint agreement on extradition. So we can take action on this easily,” he said. “The man can either be deported back or come back on his own. I want him to be punished.” He also posted on Facebook on Friday that he would also offer a reward to anyone who could identify Mr Tharith’s parents and locate where they are living.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50576718/call-to-arrest-man-over-pm-death-threat/

1 hour ago, geovalin said:

...I want him to be punished.” He also posted on Facebook on Friday that he would also offer a reward to anyone who could identify Mr Tharith’s parents and locate where they are living. 

I assume he wants to punish them as well? This reasoning should sit well with most despots from Putin to Maduro and all the sad little tinpot dictatorships in between.

(I guess this buggers my chances of getting a visa for Cambodge then)

Archived