Ratanakkiri military police commander sacked amid scandal

geovalin

The Ratanakkiri military police commander has been sacked and stripped of his rank by the government after footage of his lavish lifestyle surfaced on the internet and was criticised by social media users last week.

On Wednesday, Facebook user Gee Yong posted a video of Kim Reaksmey, now the former provincial military police commander, seemingly handing out $500,000 to his five children during a birthday celebration at his luxurious home. The footage garnered negative comments and corruption allegations on the social media platform, with many questioning how a provincial military police commander could have such large amounts of money.

. .

Prime Minister Hun Sen then announced that Mr Reaksmey was fired due to the scandal. “If I do not do this, I should resign from my position,” Mr Hun Sen said. Mr Hun Sen noted that he made the decision to fire Mr Reaksmey on behalf of National Military Police Commander General Sao Sokha and National Defence Minister General Tea Banh.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50576753/ratanakkiri-military-police-commander-sacked-amid-scandal/

8 hours ago, neeray said:

It would be nice if the article made it clear that this happened in a Cambo province, not Thailand.

(Maybe I missed something. I sorted that out by using the link and Wiki.)

Yes, it can be confusing. You have to look out for the Cambodian News or Francophone bits at the top.

Archived