BANGKOK
webfact

Climate change seen as top threat, but U.S. power a growing worry - poll

2 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Why not? The Green/Left blames everybody else for the fact that far from enough is being done.

Unless we accept as an article of faith that the Green/Left is right and good, and everyone else is bad and evil, and that's not a good starting point. Everybody wants to have a nice environment and a stable climate, if we can achieve that. That's trivial.

Finger-pointing, droning on about "deniers", building conspiracy theories about funding of opposition, is simply not going to achieve anything in future, just as it hasn't in the past.

I think your answer is just as twisted as your first statement, you're not discussing, just blaming everybody but yourself.

But very telling that you did not question my first statement about your own post, thereby admitting it was a post that was an extremely dishonest post, pretending it was something when it clearly wasn't by your own admission.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A couple of off topic posts have been removed

Too many sad individuals on here (well, two or three or so) appeal to Science in the same way a hell-fire preacher in Alabama would respond to an atheist who questioned God's authority.

"Listen to the Voice of God, son, or else your soul will rot in the oven of Hell."

It says, in Genesis 66.99, that those who don't believe in God and obey His ordinances will be drowned in the rising oceans of this polluted world....

I really am saddened to see these few souls on ThaiVisa believing in the grossest bu££sh!t so unquestioningly.  Saddened and baffled.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

America cleaned up with 2 atomic bombs, napalm,

daisy cutters, agent orange, and a list of hideous

weapons too numerous to list..US has been involved

in over 100 wars, and 60 or so regime changes since

1945.  All for profit.  Venezuela next?

Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Not necessarily in order of importance, the arguments against are:

requires effort to read and understand,

reduction of time available for watching m/billionaire's teams battling,

requires introspection,

will lead to inconvenience,

will require some sacrifice in standard of living.

Will require some sacrifice such as no home heating, air travel, cars, shipping of cargo by ships at sea, and other modern conveniences such as reliable electrical power.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Will require some sacrifice such as no home heating, air travel, cars, shipping of cargo by ships at sea, and other modern conveniences such as reliable electrical power.

Exaggeration is more effectively utilized in the production of humor (humour for you Brits and Canucks).

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Exaggeration is more effectively utilized in the production of humor (humour for you Brits and Canucks).

Please explain how these types of activities are going to be effectively done without fossil fuels and I will admit that what I posted earlier could be exaggeration. Realistic solutions and nuclear powered skittle s!@#$$ing unicorns do not count as "realistic solutions".

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Please explain how these types of activities are going to be effectively done without fossil fuels and I will admit that what I posted earlier could be exaggeration. Realistic solutions and nuclear powered skittle s!@#$$ing unicorns do not count as "realistic solutions".

Agree with you, if you want to achieve a considerable reduction right now we will have to do without "home heating, air travel, cars, shipping of cargo by ships at sea, and other modern conveniences such as reliable electrical power. ".

However who exactly is proposing to achieve this reduction right here and right now? And who is saying 'stop with fossil fuels right now'?

Edited by stevenl

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Agree with you, if you want to achieve a considerable reduction right now we will have to do without "home heating, air travel, cars, shipping of cargo by ships at sea, and other modern conveniences such as reliable electrical power. ".

However who exactly is proposing to achieve this reduction right here and right now? And who is saying 'stop with fossil fuels right now'?

Clearly you don't read the pronouncements of the eco-warriors worldwide...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, blazes said:

Clearly you don't read the pronouncements of the eco-warriors worldwide...

Looking forward to more clear quotes.

Greenpeace e.g., I presume you count them as an eco warrior, says

To make the most impact on climate change we need to stop all oil, coal, and gas expansion, massively accelerate the growth of renewable energy, support workers with a just transition to a sustainability-based economy and climate-impacted communities with a just recovery from extreme weather, and hold corporate polluters and political leaders accountable for their role in putting us in harm’s way. Without stopping oil, coal, and gas expansion as soon as possible, though, we won’t get anywhere close to where we need to be to stave off the worst of climate change.

Big difference between 'right now' and 'as soon as possible'.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2