Disgruntled

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I know I'm missing something obvious, but why do married people, potentially with children, need less money than single people? 

Seems like the married folks would need more money.

The marriage/family extension financial-requirements are based on how much money you actually need to support a family at a standard-of-living well above median-Thai incomes. 

The retirement requirements are set much higher than actually needed - used only to limit how many retirees can spend their foreign-sourced incomes into Thailand, and ensure many must pay-off immigration via the agent-racket to stay.

I think it's about proud thai people wanting the country for themselves.

Like Australia and other whitey countries. There's the debate. Racist or proud. A bit of both.

Easy to pick on old retirees. Your not exactly going to cause a raucous about it, or are you?

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

You mean Thailand owes me a retirement syndrome?

Umm..personally I have the 800k pretty much locked away in Thai bank for retirement extension. I spend about 55k+ aud here every year. Very happy Thai imm affords me opportunity to live in los. Mind you I have zero health here (I pay myself) etc etc. Thinking Thai are happy with the arrangement. 55kaud in very little out.

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Young people have only 1 way to stay here long term, buying an elite visa. So shut up, your post is utter non sense. 

You old grumpy retires have it way easier than any of us. 

What about a marriage visa or work permit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The new ones were picked off before with the ones on retirement cheering, now the shoe is on the other foot there is a lot moaning. So maybe you should look into time line of this. First they went after tourist visa's then education visa's, made marriage visa a bit harder and now the retirement visa is under attack. Many pensioners cheered the previous attacks so karma ?

Anyway there is no change for those who actually have the money just for those who swore they had and did not. Plus this is only 4 four embassies who used the swearing method instead of checking real evidence. The other embassies who did check still give letters. 

What embassies are currently providing the income verification letters? 

1 minute ago, CMNightRider said:

What embassies are currently providing the income verification letters? 

Dutch, German and Scandinavian countries (dont know all others but the ones who did checks b4). But they did checks before not the swearing without checks. Its all about that the swearing without proof is just not credible anymore.  

Then get a job here, if you can't [because your skills are neither required or valued] then go somewhere else and stop bitching that you cant get a visa here.
I have an elite visa. So no thanks.

My company works in IT and will stay in singapore.
There's no IT talent in thailand, it would be impossible to even setup a subsidy here.
I couldn't even fully own it without bs thai nominees.

I am not complaining, the op is. Saying that it's so hard for retirees even tho the retirement visa is by far the easiest to get is hilarious.

The age restriction is bs too.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I have an elite visa. So no thanks.

My company works in IT and will stay in singapore.
There's no IT talent in thailand, it would be impossible to even setup a subsidy here.
I couldn't even fully own it without bs thai nominees.

I am not complaining, the op is. Saying that it's so hard for retirees even tho the retirement visa is by far the easiest to get is hilarious.

The age restriction is bs too.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

You might not think you are complaining, but that's how your posts come across.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1