BANGKOK
webfact

The bad and the good side of Thais: Japanese tourist in the wars

The bad and the good side of Thais: Japanese tourist in the wars

1pm.jpg

A Facebook post about a terrible Bangkok taxi driver had a happy ending after a Japanese tourist finally got to her destination. 

The tourist had wanted to go from Asoke to Sukhumvit Soi 99 on Saturday - a journey of less than ten kilometers. 

Instead, as Sanook reported, the taxi driver took her on a "world tour" before finally dumping her on the other side of the river in Samut Sakhon around thirty kilometers away. 

Athichon Chacham found the bewildered tourist outside his place in the Orm Noi housing estate. Thankfully there was an app to translate languages and he discovered the lady's problem. 

He made her an omelet over rice then ensured that she got in a vehicle - this time in the right direction for her destination. 

The event was told on the Facebook page of Athichon who said it only took one bad incident like this to tarnish the image of Thailand. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-11

I've never had a problem with cabs in Bangkok. Speaking Thai obviously helps.

However,Sukhumvit rd is we'll known for its hustlers of all kinds.

Who can forget the American Caterpillar executive  who bad mouthed a cab on Sukhumvit rd and slammed the door shut. The driver went beserk, got out with a sword chased the yank down the street and chopped him up like sushi.Killed him in front of horrified shoppers and tourists.

I think he posted bail for 10k.

Might be wrong.

Does anyone know what happened to that lunatic.Happened a few years back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the taxi driver took her on a "world tour" before finally dumping her

the places he usually rapes female tourists were full of other taxis. 

• Like 1

When  referring to simply trying to obtain some transportation as being "in the wars", and no one bats an eye, you know things are wrong, very wrong, on an almost molecular level.

• Like 1

Taxi drivers are the worst ( including the ones on the bikes ) Not only at driving badly ( just this  morning one of them nearly crashed into my scooter, they don’t keep any distance and they don’t want to stop, do they ?! ) I regret generalising but they’re all made out of the same mold, whether they’re a chatter box, endangering the public, violent and dishonest, perhaps only a very few of them are honest ( when they actually sleep ) I really do feel sorry for the Japanese people since they don’t seem aware of these scumbags not that they have any knowledge of such beings in Japan until they come here and for the tourists in general coming here risking their life on holiday for that matter.

This is clearly a dangerous place no matter which way you look at it and if you try to rebel or defend yourself, they’re all after you ! The entire flock of sheeps and monkey !!! Sadly, we are on our own in arm’s way 😔

• Like 2

You have to look for taxis that display the universal "No Scumbag Symbol"

noC.JPG.cfbd57b552abb66b39ff9f431ee853bc.JPG

• Haha 1

My recent taxi trips

Home to Asoke

Mixx to home (night)

On Nut to Seacon Square

Seacon Square to Punnawithi BTS

Nana to Home, night (guy wanted 300, I said meter, he said 250, I said 150, sold, it meters out at 175)

Home to Wat Arun

No problems to report.  And I dont speak Thai.

Nice of the dude to make the tourist an omelette, Im sure that made her feel better.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Areas like Sukhumvit where there are lots of foreigners often are terrible places to get a taxi. This is why a professional service in the same mold as Grab and Uber, etc, is badly needed. I'd quite happily pay extra for that piece of mind. And I know there are many locals who feel the same. 

Er......Grab exists.  It's been here for years.