BANGKOK 21 February 2019 21:06
webfact

We welcome good guys, bad ones will be prosecuted - Thai immigration

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

So America tried to kill you; Canada didn't want you; Vietnam singled you out for painful treatment along with the whole of South America & the Bahamas; three ex-wives didn't want you; and your children preferred their cars to you.  Just a shot in the dark but have you ever considered that you are the problem? 

Excellent! And the real Marcus Aurelius was known for his wisdom :cheesy:

• Haha 2

Quote:

"We welcome good guys"

but not those retired good guys who do not have 800,000 baht in the bank!!

Edited by metisdead
Oversize bold font reset to normal.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

So America tried to kill you; Canada didn't want you; Vietnam singled you out for painful treatment along with the whole of South America & the Bahamas; three ex-wives didn't want you; and your children preferred their cars to you.  Just a shot in the dark but have you ever considered that you are the problem? 

America succeeded in killing 50,000 of my peers in Vietnam.  Thousands moved to Canada to escape the draft and were not welcome there.  Vietnam really did try it's best to cause me pain along with millions of other Americans who fought a war there.  I tried using the skills I learned in the Army in the Bahamas and South America and that didn't work out well.  I've never met an ex wife who wanted an ex husband after he stopped paying alimony.  So, to answer your question, no.  Just an average American who by the luck of the draw got drafted fought an illegal war and came home to an unfaithful wife.  Millions just like me. 

• Haha 1

I do not find the application for the marriage visa extension too stressful, actually these days done in half the time of 5 years ago. And you only pay when it is accepted by the IO. Yes, they are strict on all the petty rules, but if something missing or not quite right you just bring it in later or next day, no problem. And only costs 2,000 baht a year. I know that some officers can be pretty nasty but at Udon not an issue (was in the past when at Nong Khai, apparently).

Now try doing a visa application for your wife to the UK if you want stress and an empty pocket!

Let's face it, you're a bad guy , bad bad bad  , no money 800k no honey. Farang go home. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlK2cEL7AtIXAe9IN_kl_

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 11:14 AM, Bluespunk said:

Good to know, hardly a surprising thing to say, but thanks for letting us all know.

What's your position on home grown criminals...

Their visas are also revoked, they are sentenced to 50 wais, and remanded to their home villages for two weeks. 

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2019 at 3:34 PM, hyku1147 said:

Damn! No more walking around in my chicken costume!😩

Not wise in any case. You could be mistaken for a family-size chicken McNugget. 

On 2/12/2019 at 8:25 PM, marcusarelus said:

You are not the average Thai.  You have won the lottery of birth countries.  If you can't put together enough cash to buy a dingy you are a failure.  The average New Yorker makes 2 million baht a year.  Give me a break, 400k is chump change.  Money is like a quick and easy intelligence test.  Women all know this almost from birth.  Why has it escaped you?

"The average New Yorker makes 2 million baht a year.  Give me a break, 400k is chump change"

But the average farang makes less, and the average Thai makes FAR less.

I do not look upon lack of wealth as a failure, I am quite happy without a yacht, dinghy, swimming pool or car, but it shows where YOUR priorities lie! 

• Like 1