BANGKOK 21 February 2019 21:12
webfact

We welcome good guys, bad ones will be prosecuted - Thai immigration

On 2/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, Oziex1 said:

I think they're open to offers on that. 

Immigration is always open to offers.

Thai police and Thai immigration are two different entities. 

And the IO have a business to run.

I re registered my mugshot today. 

For the next renewals etc.

Business as usual...

This is Thailand. 

3 hours ago, dcnx said:

Just because they don’t have that rule doesn’t mean many of them don’t think about it.

Thailand has a well known reputation for being xenophobic for a reason.

Where else in the world do you have to continue jumping through ridiculous visa hoops every year plus reporting (until you die) once you’ve married a local? I’m not even married here and can see that it’s blatant harassment. It’s truly insane.

You are complaining about something you don't have to do?  It would be like me talking about the price and fit of tampons.  No relevance.  Thailand has a well known reputation for not being xenophobic.  Thai women will marry anyone from any country.  Check out Korean or Japanese women for that trait.  Maybe come to South East Asia and spend some time and you will find out which countries are really xenophobic. 

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

...and require them to keep egregious amounts of money to be held hostage! 

Egregious =staggering.  400,000 baht is staggering?  Boy are you in the wrong country, century .......

Below is a yacht you can buy for 400,000 baht

yacht.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You are complaining about something you don't have to do?  It would be like me talking about the price and fit of tampons.  No relevance.  Thailand has a well known reputation for not being xenophobic.  Thai women will marry anyone from any country.  Check out Korean or Japanese women for that trait.  Maybe come to South East Asia and spend some time and you will find out which countries are really xenophobic. 

I imagine the whole marrying anyone from any country would have a lot to do with wealth (or lack of). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

...Returned from immigration recently, after renewing my marriage visa...

At what immigration office was this?

On 2/11/2019 at 5:26 AM, Vacuum said:

lol. Pattaya is full of them.

Not only pattaya, but most of the scum is definitely there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Egregious =staggering.  400,000 baht is staggering?  Boy are you in the wrong country, century .......

Below is a yacht you can buy for 400,000 baht

yacht.jpg

Not a yacht measuring contest, but bet mine is bigger than yours! :vampire:

The average Thai takes 2+ years to earn B400,000...yet we are forced to surrender B400,000 indefinitely and B800,000 for half the year. Much better ways would rather "Thai" up my money. :1zgarz5:

It's not not only egregious, but also greedy, ridiculous and unfitting for a 3rd World S-H such as this...regardless of one's financial situation (mine is just peachy, BTW!) :thumbsup:

Now go sail your kite! :clap2:

9 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not a yacht measuring contest, but bet mine is bigger than yours! :vampire:

The average Thai takes 2+ years to earn B400,000...yet we are forced to surrender B400,000 indefinitely and B800,000 for half the year. Much better ways would rather "Thai" up my money. :1zgarz5:

It's not not only egregious, but also greedy, ridiculous and unfitting for a 3rd World S-H such as this...regardless of one's financial situation (mine is just peachy, BTW!) :thumbsup:

Now go sail your kite! :clap2:

You are not the average Thai.  You have won the lottery of birth countries.  If you can't put together enough cash to buy a dingy you are a failure.  The average New Yorker makes 2 million baht a year.  Give me a break, 400k is chump change.  Money is like a quick and easy intelligence test.  Women all know this almost from birth.  Why has it escaped you?

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

:cheesy: IF u have as much as u claim, then apparently money has nothing to do with intelligence. 😁

Everybody here is well aware of your supposed wealth and boasting ad nauseum. Newsflash...nobody cares. 

Now go sail that kite...:clap2:

I have never claimed wealth.  You said, "and require them to keep egregious amounts of money to be held hostage."  It's not.  It is a small amount for a person who has moved thousands of miles to live in a foreign country and culture and the rock bottom minimum to keep in the bank.  It's not hostage.  Spend the money and go home and get another visa or use the income method to stay here.  But most of all get informed rather than flaming try reading and learning.  

The world measures men by wealth.  I don't have much.  I don't know about you.  I do know that wealthy guys get the best cars, women and houses and don't have problems with visa requirements. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, AGareth2 said:

homegrown means Thai

or are you suggesting foreigners

the rest is just hogwash

Do you feel welcome here. Not the locals.

The authorities.

I comply with all the over the top 20 copies of everything. And the fees that go on and on every 3 months.

But other than everyday Thais and the villagers where I live, I am not made to feel welcome here.

Illegal economic refugees in Australia get treated with greater respect.

• Like 1

i made a huge mistake with my visa. I was assured by local Consulate that I was welcome in Thailand for 12 months.

Got a shock when I was banned from Thailand for 12 months. Overstay.

I am not nor ever have been a bad guy. So now I comply and I know the rules.

Meanwhile my Thai wife and children were without me for 12 months.

Yeah, I was a bad guy who still supported my family while I was banned for a year.

Yeah, I am a real bad guy.

Thankfully my wife and family still love me.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:17 AM, marcusarelus said:

The only exception to that being your mother.  Grow up.

My mother is dead.  What part of the speech my Thai lawyer did you not understand?  At the age of 76 I am sufficiently grown up and with 15 years of living in Thailand to realise when we're not wanted.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 11:14 AM, Bluespunk said:

Good to know, hardly a surprising thing to say, but thanks for letting us all know.

What's your position on home grown criminals...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

My mother is dead.  What part of the speech my Thai lawyer did you not understand?  At the age of 76 I am sufficiently grown up and with 15 years of living in Thailand to realise when we're not wanted.

Rich people don't retire in Thailand.  So, tell me Mr. All Grown Up, who wants you?  That's what I don't understand.  I lived in America and Canada as a citizen.  America tried to kill me and Canada didn't really want me, I could tell.  Vietnam tried to make my life very painful as did South America and the Bahamas.  Three ex wives only wanted my money.  My children scrapped me as soon as a step father who gave them new sports cars was available. 

So who wants you?  EU or Ireland?  Tell us please. 

• Confused 1