BANGKOK 18 February 2019 06:38
DeaconJohn

Contested divorce

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Maybe start by having her see a GYN specializing in menopause for hormone replacement therapy. Hormonal changes are almost surely involved when this sirt of oersonality change occurs at that age.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for your response.

I have the full support of my immediate and extended family. The consensus being that some sort of professional help is needed. But only with her cooperation and consent. 

Your suggestion that the problem may be hormonal imbalance is plausible and probably should be looked at first by a qualified doctor. Following that, a full neurological evaluation. That would be the ideal way to go, but my wife has refused to do it.  Even during periods - which is most of the time - when she is "normal" it is a subject that she doesn't want to talk about.

I don't expect any kind of treatment is going to turn her into the laughing girl that I married 36 years ago, but I am hoping that her condition, age-related irritability or whatever it is, will stabilize to the point where I'm no longer subjected to verbal abuse and threats of divorce.

• Like 1

There is a Menopause Clinic at Maharaj Nakorn  Hospital in CM.

Or try Prof. Intira Sriprasert (female) at Sripat.

She may find menopause treatment more acceptable than pysch or neuro (and it might just remove the need for the latter).

• Thanks 1