KTM Sales In Thailand

properperson

Bad News for KTM fans in Thailand:

(Google translate)

From 1 January 2019, reports from Burn Rubber Company Limited, importers and distributors of motorcycles Austrian citizens under the KTM brand have officially announced the cancellation of marketing in Thailand. Ready to clear the stock By reducing the price of every big bike motorcycle under the KTM brand at the price of 25-30% and confirming to continue to provide services and after-sales care to old customers.

ยกธงขาวเลิกขายเคทีเอ็ม.jpg

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

20-30% discount on a bike where people will have serious problems getting anything repaired in the near future? Doesn't sound like a good deal

It says they'll continue to provide after service care. How true this is I don't know, but KTM have an excellent reputation for standing by their products in the event of recalls etc. so hopefully that will extend to keeping some service centres open here. Of course, we have to remember where we are...

Personally I'd take a 250 SX-F or a 150 SX at 30% off but I doubt many bikes will have that type of discount and almost certainly not the off road range. I might go check out the festival anyway just in case. There's a few new bikes (not KTM's) I'd like to see in the flesh anyway.

Thanks for the info.

I have a KTM Duke 390 which I bought from them less than a year ago.

I will visit them in the next days and ask what is going on - especially in terms of guarantee and service for existing customers.

I will write an update here if I get any useful information.

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for the info.

I have a KTM Duke 390 which I bought from them less than a year ago.

I will visit them in the next days and ask what is going on - especially in terms of guarantee and service for existing customers.

I will write an update here if I get any useful information.

What about it's residual value ?

must have lost half it's value surely ??

10 minutes ago, properperson said:

What about it's residual value ?

must have lost half it's value surely ??

It's still a good bike.

They still take care of the warranty.

And in case they are out of Thailand the bikes are still produced and it's easy to order parts online.

Not perfect, but it's not like there are no parts anymore.

I will look that I get the phone numbers from the technicians so that I know where to find them if they don't work there anymore.

Archived