Koh Samui awash with drugs - local prison full to bursting

webfact

On 2/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, Mansell said:

As far as I'm concerned Koh Samuii is a dump. So let all the drugs in Thailand stay there. Everything I paid for there cost half to double more than where I live in Korat. The Songthaews want a hundred baht for nine kilometers which cost here nine baht. The hospital I was dealing with there charged me 1,250 baht for the final rabies jab, which here is 700 baht.......and on and on. Beaches not very clean, water bordering on cold, and not very clean. After there I zipped down to my old stomping ground on Phuket.....water was delightful and spent an hour and a half in it on just one day. I was amused by a farang who lived in Bali and had a diving school, and he came to Koh Samuii for a vacation.....laughable.

Just sounds like you have a personal beef with Samui.  ????

Shame so many places still believe locking up users is a good answer. Time to evolve, people.

BTW, I just came from Samui. Priciest place I've seen in Thailand except for massages. For some reason 200 baht massages are everywhere. The songtaew's do tend to try to pry as much money as they can from you. Aggressive taxis shouting at me nonstop. And I have never been propositioned so much anywhere else. To which I say "ugh."

Felt I was viewed more as a walking ATM there than anywhere else I've been yet.

Eating out costs more, lodging more. All in contrast to, say, Koh Pha Ngan right nearby.

The beaches were nice but overrun with tourists, development everywhere you look.

I had fun but seen it once is good enough for me. 

I'll revisit Ko Pha Ngan and Koh Lanta but pass on Samui next time.

25 minutes ago, Poopyface said:

Shame so many places still believe locking up users is a good answer. Time to evolve, people.

BTW, I just came from Samui. Priciest place I've seen in Thailand except for massages. For some reason 200 baht massages are everywhere. The songtaew's do tend to try to pry as much money as they can from you. Aggressive taxis shouting at me nonstop. And I have never been propositioned so much anywhere else. To which I say "ugh."

Felt I was viewed more as a walking ATM there than anywhere else I've been yet.

Eating out costs more, lodging more. All in contrast to, say, Koh Pha Ngan right nearby.

The beaches were nice but overrun with tourists, development everywhere you look.

I had fun but seen it once is good enough for me. 

I'll revisit Ko Pha Ngan and Koh Lanta but pass on Samui next time.

I wonder what you went there for?

On 2/13/2019 at 8:53 PM, The Old Bull said:

As I keep saying the drug business is fueled by demand not supply. Law enforcement has failed to win the "war on drugs" but they don't care as long as the enforcement money rolls in.

Very easy to address demand: Publicly execute some repeat vendors and customers. Hang them in a public square and leave the bodies until they rot away. It worked wonders for Vlad the Impaler, the Japanese Shoguns,  various European city states over the centuries and ISIS.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Very easy to address demand: Publicly execute some repeat vendors and customers. Hang them in a public square and leave the bodies until they rot away. It worked wonders for Vlad the Impaler, the Japanese Shoguns,  various European city states over the centuries and ISIS.

Especially the Cannabis users, with their weird sex parties, & crazy behaviour.

Off with their heads I say!!

On 2/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, PumpkinEater said:

I hate to say it but there IS a problem with ICE usage on Koh Samui.

Most of the bar ladies (uneducated about the addictiveness) are using and many "hooked" with this drug...to the delight of the scum that sells to these ladies trying to make a buck for their families back home in Isan.

The Ice pushers SHOULD BE PROSECUTED to the max for this addictive drug!

Should the bar owners BE PROSECUTED for selling the addictive drug of alcohol?

How many in the bar - ladies and customers - are "hooked" wth this drug?

I know - you didn't find alcohol on the official Government "Bad" List, so it's ok.

I came to Koh Samui in January 1998 to stay.  I had previously purchased a bar and stayed until 2003, when real estate prices got totally out of hand.  Back then it was a backpacker"s haven and slowly changed to what it is today with paved streets through Chaweng beach, the burning down of the original Reggee Pub and the disappearance of the 100 baht/night Charlie's Hut.  It was was always awash with  drugs then with just about every motor bike rental place being the local druggist.

On 2/17/2019 at 12:45 AM, JimmyJ said:

Should the bar owners BE PROSECUTED for selling the addictive drug of alcohol?

How many in the bar - ladies and customers - are "hooked" wth this drug?

I know - you didn't find alcohol on the official Government "Bad" List, so it's ok.

I am not sure that I understand the reason for your post.

Alcohol is legal. As far as I know it is legal in most countries worldwide.

Ice is not legal - anywhere.

Anyway - what about chocolate? No one mentions chocolate addiction. I have tried to give it up (gave up smoking over 30 years ago) but I just cannot give up chocolate. Thank god that it is not on any "bad" list.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, Vacuum said:

....and the best 'job' they could find was to become hookers?

On 2/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, thaiguzzi said:

Yes.

Your point being?

On 2/15/2019 at 7:49 AM, Vacuum said:

They're too lazy for 'ordinary' work.

My girlfriend was a 'hooker' for a short while, she doesn't seem to mind 'ordinary work' so please explain your point .......

Archived