Jet-ski trailers allowed back on Patong Beach

webfact

Jet-ski trailers allowed back on Patong Beach

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1549861858_1-org.jpg

The jet-ski trailers are now allowed on the sand at the northern and southern ends of Patong Beach. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET: The proliferation of jet-skis and trailers on Patong Beach directly contradicting an order enforced by Royal Thai Army soldiers in Phuket is allowed, Patong Municipality has confirmed.

Jet-ski operators now occupy areas at both the northern and southern ends of Patong Beach – one area in front of the Prachanukroh Rd intersection at the southern end and another area near Loma Circle at the northern end – making the areas off limits to tourists.

Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup says that the jet-ski operators are occupying the sands with Patong Municipality’s permission in order to reduce traffic delays throughout the town.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/jet-ski-trailers-allowed-back-on-patong-beach-70346.php#ApsPjY59xQh0jzep.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-02-11

Of course with the cash cow that these jet skis bring, it won't ever happen, but why not ban jet skis and solve the issue once and for all.  I wonder what the cut is for allowing these skis?  Is it 1000 baht per day, or has that figure I heard years ago gone up seeing as how the rates have gone up considerably.?

i heard bad storys, but my experience: nearly new jetski 45min- 1500thb, i nowhere in the world not saw so cheap jetski rental...... rented twice...... of course- take photos of jetski if any damages is!!! not all trying ripping off ( all wish become  rich in seconds, but......), some does business without f***** about ..... don’t like - please don’t come here and don’t try to change nothing, big damage done already!!!

7 minutes ago, mr PPG said:

i heard bad storys, but my experience: nearly new jetski 45min- 1500thb, i nowhere in the world not saw so cheap jetski rental...... rented twice...... of course- take photos of jetski if any damages is!!! not all trying ripping off ( all wish become  rich in seconds, but......), some does business without f***** about ..... don’t like - please don’t come here and don’t try to change nothing, big damage done already!!!

I,d say almost every reply from folk who have no clue and certainly not from Phuket! How much is a chair for the day? Now that’s serious stuff right there!

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

I,d say almost every reply from folk who have no clue and certainly not from Phuket! How much is a chair for the day? Now that’s serious stuff right there!

Yep - I love the 'I don't live here and/or have never visited but I know EVERYTHING about Phuket coz a m8 told me' syndrome.

11 hours ago, mr PPG said:

^^Stupid post by someone with NFI.^^

28 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nobody wants them..

its polluting and dangerous for swimmers. also it’s crooks who doing that business..

If they can ban umbrellas chairs  sigaretes  foods and drinks on a beach then why keep these annoying jet skies?

Someone should torch the lot 

That will teach them rapidly 

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nobody wants them..

its polluting and dangerous for swimmers. also it’s crooks who doing that business..

If they can ban umbrellas chairs  sigaretes  foods and drinks on a beach then why keep these annoying jet skies?

UNfortunately your first sentence isn't quite right. There is a demand and that's why they're in business. As for the rest of your post, I totally agree,

Last week close to sunset I watched one of the renters going at full pelt on Karon Beach towards an area full of bathers, making his brake-turn only a few metres before them, just to show off. He may have done this a thousand times before but sometimes things do go wrong. Very dangerous and very stupid.

Archived