Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OP, I never saw crumpets on sale anywhere in LOS, along with a few other things I like, like spaghetti in tomato sauce in a can. I guess they think it wouldn't be profitable to stock.

Go to villa market.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for something might only do once.

 

OP, I never saw crumpets on sale anywhere in LOS, along with a few other things I like, like spaghetti in tomato sauce in a can. I guess they think it wouldn't be profitable to stock.

Siamsbury's (Pattaya Darkside) sells crumpets 90 baht for a pack of 6 but they ain't great. Also sells Heinz spaghetti in tomato sauce, not sure of the price but not an expensive shop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fruitman said:

Go to villa market.

Price has gone up to 204 baht for a pack of 6 small crumpets of poor quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for something might only do once.

 

OP, I never saw crumpets on sale anywhere in LOS, along with a few other things I like, like spaghetti in tomato sauce in a can. I guess they think it wouldn't be profitable to stock.

There is a bakery in I think Korat that makes them I contacted the person who is an expat and asked if he could send some overnight by Thai post EMS offering to pay postage etc and offered to order a reasonable quantity.

The reasons he gave for not sending did not add up to me but perhaps not worth the trouble which is fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Price has gone up to 204 baht for a pack of 6 small crumpets of poor quality.

I never had a crumpet but i meant that Villa market has the canned spaghetti to eat on toast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate, most posters ( me included) thought the thread was about crumpet, eye candy type, not the edible variety,:cheesy:😍

When I started this post on the 11 Feb I did say it wasn’t about the two legged variety, just to avoid any confusion !!!!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

When I started this post on the 11 Feb I did say it wasn’t about the two legged variety, just to avoid any confusion !!!!

Yes mate i understand that, but myself and a few other old pervs just couldnt resist.

Sorry mate no offence meant, just some harmless banter.😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate i understand that, but myself and a few other old pervs just couldnt resist.

Sorry mate no offence meant, just some harmless banter.😎

No problem at all two legged crumpet very easy to find, the others well mission impossible

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Interesting to note that this thread about crumpets is the biggest on TV this week. 

Sod Immigration money, extensions, visas, girlfriends,wives, etc....stick with the crumpets !

More than a week,I think I started it on the 11th Feb and still not one to be found.

It has however uncovered some very interesting tastes in mixing food types.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, GinBoy2 said:

These are the crumpets I buy. I'm addicted to the darn things

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 9.07.31 PM.png

Yep, compulsory, with margarine / butter and vegemite.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate, most posters ( me included) thought the thread was about crumpet, eye candy type, not the edible variety,:cheesy:😍

Well I guess some folks (not mentioning names) like to sink their teeth into / get their mouth around any type of crumpet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate i understand that, but myself and a few other old pervs just couldnt resist.

Sorry mate no offence meant, just some harmless banter.😎

One track minds, normal for old (and young) men. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well I guess some folks (not mentioning names) like to sink their teeth into / get their mouth around any type of crumpet?

Off topic. The OP was CRUMPETS not CRUMPET. Completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...