Crumpets

StevieAus

7 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I’ve never been a marmalade kinda guy but the Bacon/egg thing went down well ????????

English muffins with bacon and poached egg were a staple food from my Mom growing up, 

Never thought about bacon and eggs with crumpets, but even with my advancing age gotta try new things.

Thanks to Amazon my next batch of crumpets will be here on Wednesday

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

English muffins with bacon and poached egg were a staple food from my Mom growing up, 

Never thought about bacon and eggs with crumpets, but even with my advancing age gotta try new things.

Thanks to Amazon my next batch of crumpets will be here on Wednesday

After 9 pages we haven’t convinced you have a crack @ cooking your own ? ????

29 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

After 9 pages we haven’t convinced you have a crack @ cooking your own ? ????

Nah, I'm not even going to try looking at the recipe to cook them.

1 click and amazon deliver them in 2 days!

On 2/13/2019 at 4:11 PM, hugocnx said:

Dutch recipe almost same. 1 on 1 translation '3 in the pan'.

Easy without rings as the batter is dense. In the pic they look almost like cinnamon rolls.

Drie in de pan.jpg

Actually correcting myself...these ARE cinnamon rolls and not Dutch crumpets. Sorry.

This is actually a better pic

image.jpeg.520bb45e7c00918d2ae846ff4452041d.jpeg

3 hours ago, PGThompson1 said:

Thanks for that, went on the link and it states that the item does not ship to Thailand?

If you look at the feedback, even people shipping inside the States complained about the condition/freshness they arrived in. Doubt that they would survive the journey to Thailand. Horrendously expensive too. £1 ($1.30) for a pack of 9 of the best crumpets in the UK.

I receive a parcel from the UK, quite regularly, I've thought about asking my friend to put a couple of packets of crumpets in it but wonder how they would be treated by Thai customs.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:14 PM, fruitman said:

Our gas hob can do low settings...

And american 'lodge' cast iron skillets are sold in villa market, not so expensive....1000 or so iirc..

If the rings stick you need teflon coated ones, they probably have those as well in central or so.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for something might only do once.

OP, I never saw crumpets on sale anywhere in LOS, along with a few other things I like, like spaghetti in tomato sauce in a can. I guess they think it wouldn't be profitable to stock.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OP, I never saw crumpets on sale anywhere in LOS, along with a few other things I like, like spaghetti in tomato sauce in a can. I guess they think it wouldn't be profitable to stock.

Go to villa market.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Siamsbury's (Pattaya Darkside) sells crumpets 90 baht for a pack of 6 but they ain't great. Also sells Heinz spaghetti in tomato sauce, not sure of the price but not an expensive shop.

12 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Interesting to note that this thread about crumpets is the biggest on TV this week. 

Sod Immigration money, extensions, visas, girlfriends,wives, etc....stick with the crumpets !

Well mate, most posters ( me included) thought the thread was about crumpet, eye candy type, not the edible variety,:cheesy:????

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is a bakery in I think Korat that makes them I contacted the person who is an expat and asked if he could send some overnight by Thai post EMS offering to pay postage etc and offered to order a reasonable quantity.

The reasons he gave for not sending did not add up to me but perhaps not worth the trouble which is fair enough.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate, most posters ( me included) thought the thread was about crumpet, eye candy type, not the edible variety,:cheesy:????

When I started this post on the 11 Feb I did say it wasn’t about the two legged variety, just to avoid any confusion !!!!

11 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

When I started this post on the 11 Feb I did say it wasn’t about the two legged variety, just to avoid any confusion !!!!

Yes mate i understand that, but myself and a few other old pervs just couldnt resist.

Sorry mate no offence meant, just some harmless banter.????

Yes mate i understand that, but myself and a few other old pervs just couldnt resist.

No problem at all two legged crumpet very easy to find, the others well mission impossible

5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Interesting to note that this thread about crumpets is the biggest on TV this week. 

Sod Immigration money, extensions, visas, girlfriends,wives, etc....stick with the crumpets !

More than a week,I think I started it on the 11th Feb and still not one to be found.

It has however uncovered some very interesting tastes in mixing food types.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well I guess some folks (not mentioning names) like to sink their teeth into / get their mouth around any type of crumpet?

One track minds, normal for old (and young) men. 

43 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well I guess some folks (not mentioning names) like to sink their teeth into / get their mouth around any type of crumpet?

Off topic. The OP was CRUMPETS not CRUMPET. Completely different.

Archived