Vets that euthanize (South Thailand)

Do any TFV members know of a vet that euthanizes pets in Songkhla, Trang, NST or Krabi? Here in Phatthalung I can't find a vet that will put me cat out of his misery (chronic kidney disease). I have had to watch my other cats die a slow miserable death in the past few years and I would rather not see a cat suffer so much again. Thanks for any help you can give.

Which is why it's so necessary to find a good vet, early on.

Taking your pet to a cheap vet may be more cost effective - but it's unlikely they will understand how much you love your pet, and are prepared to pay anything for the best possible treatment when they have serious problems.

A friend pointed out that it was unfair to take pets to cheap vets for minor problems, and then expect another vet to euthanise when it was eventually necessary.

She was 100% right, and so I always take my dogs to an 'expensive' vet.  They know their history, and how much my dogs and I love each other.

Consequently, when the worst comes to the worst - they come to my house to euthanise ????.

Thanks everyone for your help. I don't mind driving up to Surat when the time comes. Our vet is the best in town but she'll only give dying pets a sedative. 

We have a Metta Hospital in our town but the vets won't entertain the idea of putting a pet out of it's misery.

I can't understand why vets here won't put suffering, terminally ill animals down.

The vet will refuse on 'religious' grounds, then go eat fried chicken or BBQ pork.  They never seem to have this problem when its party time and they kill a pig.  What about them killing the fleas, ticks and worms on/in dogs and cats... that is killing living things!!!  

The Buddhist things is supposed to relieve suffering in the world... putting a suffering animal to sleep painlessly and quickly seems to fit this idea... dragging its life out as long as possible, causing in misery and suffering, and also the heartache of the pets owners seems to be INCREASING suffering in the world.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, dick dasterdly said:

Which is why it's so necessary to find a good vet, early on.

Taking your pet to a cheap vet may be more cost effective - but it's unlikely they will understand how much you love your pet, and are prepared to pay anything for the best possible treatment when they have serious problems.

A friend pointed out that it was unfair to take pets to cheap vets for minor problems, and then expect another vet to euthanise when it was eventually necessary.

PLease don't mix up the word "good" and "cheap".

We always took our dog to one of the most expensive vets on Phuket but they refused to euthanise any animal.

Then we went to a foundation which refused to euthanise young dogs.

Our new vet is a relatively cheap one, but at least they understand suffering should not be prolonged.

2 hours ago, Arjen said:

Once..... I found a Green Heron. Left wing broken, the bones came out from the body. Right leg broken. Also here the bones came out. I lifted the bird and told him/her I will help you. As a sign he/she understoods he/she petrated my lip with her beak, and I can tell you that hurts! And there is no way you can take out the beak easy. It can go only one direction, only deeper...

Went to several vets. No one had knowledge about birds, I spent the whole day driving my car. They all said, we can cut of the wing and the leg, and the bird can havea nice live in a cage. Finally, the last vet I was (70km from my home) I took the bird out of her hands and pulled of its head...... Oh... and I did not feel nice, proud or happy about this.

Arjen.

Oh God! The poor bird (and you). I just don't like seeing any animal suffer in pain. 

On 2/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, jak2002003 said:

I can't understand why vets here won't put suffering, terminally ill animals down.

The vet will refuse on 'religious' grounds, then go eat fried chicken or BBQ pork.  They never seem to have this problem when its party time and they kill a pig.  What about them killing the fleas, ticks and worms on/in dogs and cats... that is killing living things!!!  

The Buddhist things is supposed to relieve suffering in the world... putting a suffering animal to sleep painlessly and quickly seems to fit this idea... dragging its life out as long as possible, causing in misery and suffering, and also the heartache of the pets owners seems to be INCREASING suffering in the world.  

They kill each other in stupid road rage attacks.  It's just hypocrisy, pure and simple.   

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

They kill each other in stupid road rage attacks.  It's just hypocrisy, pure and simple.   

Maybe, but I have come to the conclusion it's not just that...

If they can extend the suffering or life of a terminally ill animal they will be making money.  If they put it to sleep its a one off payment.  

Sick dying animals pull on the owners heartstrings because we can't stand to see them in pain... so we will keep taking the animals to the vet for more and more treatment, injections, pain killers, antibiotics etc etc.. which soon racks up the profits I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived