no arrivals card

I have to do the 90 report tomorrow, was just checking my passport and the arrival card from my last entry on the 14th November is missing. the only time I have had my passport out was at the bank where they took it and copied it, I have been to the bank but they don't have the arrival card. Is this an issue at immigration tomorrow, I do this report at Kanchanaburi and anyone who has anything to do with this particular office will know that they give you a hard time over everything. Thanks

• Like 1

Most immigration offices don't make a big deal about a lost TM6 card. They will just give you a new one to complete.

Some office have insisted on having a police report for it being lost as a form of punishment for losing it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i never lost 1 in 19 years ????

Yes, managed to keep track of them myself, although the new smaller one is harder. Always staple it in there quickly where I can get the latest stamp and the card on the same page ready for Immigration's need for a hundred copies!

• Like 1

There is a reason I scan everything into PDF format, makes reprinting things much easier too. Hopefully you can just fill out a new arrival card, and obtain a new departure card, but next time try keeping backup copies for just such occasions. Staple the TM6 into the Passport securely too, you wont need it until you leave anyway, use the copies (or reprint PDF) when someone askes for a copy.

Make copies of ALL IMMIGRATION documents.  I have 3 copies of ALL my immigration paperwork stored in 3 different places ( 5 Years of them ). 

The only time I carry my passport is going to the IO or the bank, I carry a wallet size color copy, my passport photo page on one side, a copy of my girl friends Thai ID on the other side - authorities will know who to contact in a emergency ..... a cheap insurance policy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Took a photo of it with my phone.  Print a new one if the old one wears out. 

good idea---i always staple mine onto the passport page...after loosing it one time. on that occasion, i just filled out a new slip... nothing was said at immigration.

Phew, in and out of immigration in less than 5 minutes and no problems, they looked in the computer and gave me a new Departure card.  Luckily "the Bitch" was busy with another customer. Nice to get lucky once in a while.

• Haha 2

On 2/11/2019 at 2:53 PM, Christophers200 said:

Maybe you mean the Departure card is missing?  Immigration will replace it although they may insist on you obtaining a police report about the loss before providing the replacement

This is what happened to me at Chaeng Wattana. There are even mocy taxi guys at Immigration waiting to take you to the local police station to do the report. Then a guy at the police station to do said report.

• Confused 1

The Immigration Officer at the border has your Arrival Paper. In your passport you should have the Departure Paper.

For the 90 days notification, and visa things like extensions if you need do that,  you need the number that is on the Arrival/Departure card.

The best is to take a copy or photo right the first day you are in Thailand and keep it somewhere.

In that case you still know the number on the paper. This paper is for when you leave the country at any border.

But..

You can go to the immigration office, and tell them you lost it. Maybe they can reveal an old copy, so the number is then known, because the 90 days report still need to be done.

This paper, the 90 days report bill, you also have to keep with you.

Mine (90 days report) was stapled together with the Departure Paper.

Still, you need to have a new Departure Paper, this you can get at the airport/border/immigration office.

Some, depends on the officer, want you get a police report. Easy to do, and at no cost.

Rgds,