Swiss man and Thai wife burgled in Udon Thani

webfact

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

Who in their right mind would have all that money/watches/ computers just lying around?

You mean that you put back in your safe all your computers, tablets, watch, phones... every time you don't use them ! :shock1:  In my home they stay at the most convenient place to use them.

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why no bars on the windows?

Because they are not prisoners ? :unsure:

How can someone live in a house with bars at windows ?? :blink:

Edit: But yes, not in a house in Isaan, so I don't have these security problems...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

You mean that you put back in your safe all your computers, tablets, watch, phones... every time you don't use them ! :shock1:  In my home they stay at the most convenient place to use them.

Hello i am typing this inside my bedroom with bars on the windows, reading your nonsense.:cheesy:

4 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

All the houses on my estate had bars fitted when built. Ornamental. Black and gold. Actually look very nice and , more importantly, serve a purpose.

I'd rather just write off the loss instead of calling the useless plod for their inane finger pointing exercise, trampling all over my property. The icing on the cake is that photos (or in this case, even a video!) of this kindergarten event then end up in the public domain. Seriously, who needs that?

The only bars I like are the ones I drink in, my house in Isaan has none.

I weighed up the options between security and aesthetics and decided that I didn’t want to live in a house that looked like a prison - just my personal choice guys.

If I get burgled then I’ll take the hit and probably curse myself, but to be honest I’ve got nothing in the house worth nicking ????

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

sound more like a jail cell. i live in a secure housing estate for 10 years no one has had any burglars and no one has bars a few burglar alarms

Well mate as i have been in a Thai prison, bars on my windows make me feel at home.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Do you have a plan to get out when there is a fire,?

I don't have bars for that reason,would rather lose

some property,than be burnt to a crisp because

I could not get out because of bars on the windows,

property can be replaced,you only get one life.

regards worgeordie

whats there to burn, its all concrete and brick.... a TV, some curtains, my clothes.

they are differently constructed to what we have back home.

2 minutes ago, VYCM said:

whats there to burn, its all concrete and brick.... a TV, some curtains, my clothes.

Ceilings are often fibreboard and also have a lot of wood in the roof space.

24 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Have you ever seen a sofa burn, maybe the flames might not

kill you but the toxic smoke will,you must live in a very bare house,no furniture ? 

regards Worgeordie

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
34 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Have you ever seen a sofa burn, maybe the flames might not

kill you but the toxic smoke will,you must live in a very bare house,no furniture ? 

regards Worgeordie

If the sofa burns and the toxic fumes kill you, you're not leaving the house through the Bar Less windows.

If a fire starts from a sofa and i wake I'm going to run straight past it and out the front door.

5 hours ago, catman20 said:

sound more like a jail cell. i live in a secure housing estate for 10 years no one has had any burglars and no one has bars a few burglar alarms

If you have a secured security estate, investing in a good burglar alarm is a worthwhile investment. I have such an alarm with an infra red line beam transmitter receiver security outside all around the house but within the perimeter walls as a first line of defense. The windows and doors are also fitted with magnetic sensors. Other than an occasional false alarm due to lizards triggering the IRbeam, it works fine giving a great sense of security at night. Moreover, any lower floor doors or windows that are left unintentionally opened will reflect on the alarm pad. 

23 minutes ago, VYCM said:

If the sofa burns and the toxic fumes kill you, you're not leaving the house through the Bar Less windows.

If a fire starts from a sofa and i wake I'm going to run straight past it and out the front door.

OK good luck with plan A

regards worgeordie

Just now, worgeordie said:
25 minutes ago, VYCM said:

OK good luck with plan A

regards worgeordie

Good luck with your plan, living without window bars in Thailand.

Even the Thais with guns in their houses have window bars.

1 minute ago, VYCM said:

31 years,with no bars, no problem, they can come in take what they

want,no problem, if there's a fire and i could not get because i have

bars installed,that would be a problem ,as i would be dead,I value

my life and my families much more than any property i have,which

can be replaced, but you cannot buy a new life.

So what is so valuable that you have to have bars on the windows to protect?

i suspect a couple of good kicks on your front or back door they would be in anyway.

regards worgeordie

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
16 minutes ago, VYCM said:

31 years,with no bars, no problem, they can come in take what they

want,no problem, if there's a fire and i could not get because i have

bars installed,that would be a problem ,as i would be dead,I value

my life and my families much more than any property i have,which

can be replaced, but you cannot buy a new life.

So what is so valuable that you have to have bars on the windows to protect?

i suspect a couple of good kicks on your front or back door they would be in anyway.

regards worgeordie

Ok point taken, I admire your positive thinking and how long you have lived here without bars, maybe you're one of the bad guys and the other baddies steer clear of you. LOL

I wish no harm on anyone and I hope you can live free of bars for the next 31 years.

I feel more comfortable having window bars.

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

Ok point taken, I admire your positive thinking and how long you have lived here without bars, maybe you're one of the bad guys and the other baddies steer clear of you. LOL

I wish no harm on anyone and I hope you can live free of bars for the next 31 years.

I feel more comfortable having window bars.

Yeh ! I am bad <deleted>.????,but with common sense

regards Worgeordie

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Do you have a plan to get out when there is a fire,?

I don't have bars for that reason,would rather lose

some property,than be burnt to a crisp because

I could not get out because of bars on the windows,

property can be replaced,you only get one life.

regards worgeordie

I agree with you,though I cant see the Swiss guy fitting out of a window in a fire.

Most aluminium windows/doors bought from the multi/local DIY shops can be open within a very short time, with a crow bar or big screwdriver. It’s worth investing in quality PVC doors/windows with multiple locking points. Expensive compared to the local one’s, however give you peace of mind for security. Also it pays to have couple of big dogs, the Thais are scared of them ????

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why be ashamed?

I am not ashamed because i did nothing wrong.

yer thats what they all say, you said it, like your bragging about it. i been here 19 years never seen inside a police station how did u get your sorry ass in jail for no reason? cos they always locking up innocent farangs right ! ????

Archived