BANGKOK 17 February 2019 02:48
webfact

Swiss man and Thai wife burgled in Udon Thani

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

From previous posts he said he pushed his wife on her bum after she tried to stab him. 

I guess the cops took a different viewpoint.

Possibly a drunk violent man who picks on women as he sees them as inferior?...as quite a few from the UK seem to be.

Just pure speculation of course. 

A nonsense post, and you havent even got your facts correct, why not visit me and see the scar left by the stabbing.

Once again we have a so-called new member who knows things newbies wouldnt know.

In fact another recycled member, got kicked off, so comes back with a new avatar.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, colinneil said:

A nonsense post, and you havent even got your facts correct, why not visit me and see the scar left by the stabbing.

Once again we have a so-called new member who knows things newbies wouldnt know.

In fact another recycled member, got kicked off, so comes back with a new avatar.

But the same gob. Should have chosen the forum name "empty head".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Vacuum said:
On 2/12/2019 at 2:22 PM, VYCM said:

whats there to burn, its all concrete and brick.... a TV, some curtains, my clothes.

they are differently constructed to what we have back home.

Some people have furnitures...

I am quite surprised at how many foreigners are living in houses, in Thailand, without Window Bars.

And more surprised at how many justify this behaviour with house fires.

At the end of the day living here in Thailand, you have more chance of your house flooding than being burnt to the ground due to a house fire.

In Thailand we don’t have floor carpet, the walls are brick/concrete and yes there is the sofa and other items that can burn, generally not big fires as we know as there is very little to burn.

Why don’t all you “anti-window bar” people invest a few hundred baht and buy some smoke sensors as I have done? Yes they get annoying at times when the battery runs low but they can save your life.

Please, do not use house fires as an excuse not to have window bars.

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

Please, do not use house fires as an excuse not to have window bars.

Excuse? I will not live in a house with window bars, if the area is so bad they you have to justify bars on your windows - I for one wont be living in that area, I want to look out of my windows at my garden, not through bars! :shock1:

I agree with the "excuse" about fires - I don't have fire insurance, there is not a lot that will burn in my house, we do have smoke alarms in the kitchen 🙂 

In my 30 + years in Thailand I have been broken into once, many years ago when I was living in a rental in Pattaya, went out for 20 minutes when we returned thieves had been in the house, the bars that the house had on the windows did nothing to deter them - & that was before the age of the 18v battery operated grinder. :wink:

i live in pattaya, we have had our house burgled when we only had bars on the windows on the first floor and at the time had no dog, also have had 2 motorbikes stolen from us during the day in about 10 minutes, and my mother has been target of robbery twice 1 failed. police was not interested to help in none of the cases. they told us to report to the insurance company. 

Edited by ta158