BANGKOK 21 February 2019 15:38
Tanoshi

Marriage/Retirement - Interpretations explained.

Thank you so much......  well done..

glegolo

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

Thank you. That clears it up for the – unnamed – immigration office to whose officials you talked. Let's hope that the officials at other immigration offices have an equally good understanding and interpretation of the new procedures.

The commanding officer from Roi Et Immigration and her commanding officer from the regional office in Khon Kaen.

I did get their names, but not a chance of spelling them. :smile:

• Like 1

So that means that those of us who did our extensiones before the new rules 3 months 800,000 can carry on as normal spend it all if we like ,and then when we do our next one the new rules apply ,yes?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

So that means that those of us who did our extensiones before the new rules 3 months 800,000 can carry on as normal spend it all if we like ,and then when we do our next one the new rules apply ,yes?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you mean an extension renewal this year, then leniency and discretion will be used, but I think there expecting the word to get around and would at least expect you to show some effort towards meeting the full requirement for 2020 renewals.

You still be required to show 800K in your Thai bank account for 3 months prior to your application this year anyway, unless your a first time applicant.

Did you perhaps ask a Q pertaining to my 'Too much Money' post

i.e wishing to move from an immigration extension to a marriage extension  when my bank balance may show 2 Million Baht ?

Edited by Delight
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Income method.

1). A minimum income of 40K per month deposited in a Thai bank from overseas for the previous 12 month period. Local passbooks or statements may not confirm overseas payments.

You can request statements (at your local bank branch) for detailed statements from their HQ, itemising foreign transactions as Bahtnet or Foreign TT deposits. Takes approx 5 days to process. + Bank letter.

Thanks for the concise explanation I am sure that it will help many.

Just one observation though (not a criticism), the 40k per month for the EOS based on Marriage, this used to be available based on income in Thailand, is that option no longer available, or was this just not asked about / clarified?

11 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

so everyone before saying only 2 months before was wrong?

Thats 6 months 800,000, 6 months 400,000

800,000 for 2 months before and three after total 5.

3 months before following renewel would total 8 months and leave 4 months at 400,000.  For subsequent years it would be 3 before and 3 after plus 3 before the next so 9 months at 800,000 and 3 at 400,000. You would have to have income for living during the 800,000 baht months obviously.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Thanks for the concise explanation I am sure that it will help many.

Just one observation though (not a criticism), the 40k per month for the EOS based on Marriage, this used to be available based on income in Thailand, is that option no longer available, or was this just not asked about / clarified?

I didn't pursue that line of questioning Matt, but was already under the impression if working in Thailand but obtaining a marriage extension separately, you had to provide tax receipts as proof of income.

30 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

so everyone before saying only 2 months before was wrong?

Thats 6 months 800,000, 6 months 400,000

2 for very first application

If you read it in conjunction with the old order it makes more sense.

Previously it was 60 days before for 1st application, then subsequently 90 days before thereafter.

Yep, 1st app, 2 months before, 3 months after.

Subsequent apps, 3 months before, 3 months after.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2