BANGKOK
Tanoshi

Marriage/Retirement - Interpretations explained.

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He cannot do an extension directly on a Tourist Visa.

He does a change in Visa status to a Non O as a prelude to obtaining his extension.

He still has to prove the 800K deposited in a Thai bank to obtain the Non O.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

He does a change in Visa status to a Non O as a prelude to obtaining his extension.

He still has to prove the 800K deposited in a Thai bank to obtain the Non O.

Yes, from outside Thailand.

Honestly-What is the benefit of an extension over a 1 y visa

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Honestly-What is the benefit of an extension over a 1 y visa

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

You mean a Non-Imm OA?

Extensions easier to get, you get them in Thailand not home country.

Yes , I would think the bank would still have that data as would emigration, so I shell approach the first .Thanks for the reply mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, from outside Thailand.

It's already in Thailand and the IO already have evidence from his previous extensions.

I doubt they would have advised him to get a TV if they had an issue with his 800K in the Thai bank which there already fully aware of.

There obviously using their discretion of powers to ignore the proof of overseas transfer of 800K for the Non O conversion in his circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If agents can get around these  latest change in requirements then they will probably deserve their fees-provided they are not too extortionate.

As it stands looks like a huge loss in income for them and their associates in uniform.

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No, they don't! It's 65K per month, not an average of 12 months.

They had 12 monthly bank statements, two foreign transactions on each page covering the month.

Very easily identified as the only income he was receiving.

1 + 2 = above 65K, next page and so on.

Took them 3 minutes to assess his monthly incomes met the requirements.

I still doubt that the average IO will be able to take 12 pieces of paper (bank statement)  and identify the transfers- add each month  and also identify the coding as foreign sourced all in 3 minutes.   If the applicant used Transfer wise- they also need to  show 12 Credit Advice that have to  be reviewed.

IMO-  the IO s will eventually not even worry about  the money being foreign sourced which to me would make sense since they don't care where I get the 800K  if I use the bank method. Much easier to pull 65K out of a Thai ATM and deposit it in a Thai bank without all the rigmarole of having to call my US bank each month for a  transfer. Transfer wise situation still not cleared up in my mind and no one knows how pedantic some offices will be.

Remember- you were talking to Senior people at a headquarters very familiar with what they want to happen.  Let's see it in action- everywhere at each Thai Imm office handled by IO's-each applying the same rule in the same manner.

I hope it works as smoothly as you say and each office handles it the same way. Time will tell 

5 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I still doubt that the average IO will be able to take 12 pieces of paper (bank statement)  and identify the transfers- add each month  and also identify the coding as foreign sourced all in 3 minutes.

Very easily identified on a statement from the banks HQ.

Other than your foreign income, how many others transfers do you have in the deposits section of your bank accounts.

1/2/3 foreign transaction per month in the deposit section of your bank statement makes it hard work for the IO to calculate the months income ……. seriously.

1 minute ago, wobalt said:

Question is for what I need an extension -what are the benefits (beside no need to leave the country after 90 days)

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1. Cost

2. Not worrying about being sick, missing that border run and going into overstay.

3. Time

1. Cost
2. Not worrying about being sick, missing that border run and going into overstay.
3. Time

So these are very „soft“ reasons.
Disadvantages:
1. need money in bank or transfer methods
2. 90 days reports
3 maps, pictures,visits,tm 30s
4. deal with Immigration officers

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Very easily identified on a statement from the banks HQ.

Other than your foreign income, how many others transfers do you have in the deposits section of your bank accounts.

1/2/3 foreign transaction per month in the deposit section of your bank statement makes it hard work for the IO to calculate the months income ……. seriously

Agreed-  I will only have 1 each month so should be easy-  I am hoping the  Transfer shows FTT or Bahtnet which makes it more easy.  Time will tell....  Good work by you- Many Thanks.

already in Pattaya agents are offering to do the extension,  cost 15,000 Baht more than last year ( last year apx 22,000 include the extension and 1 year multi re entry).. so its now 37,000 baht
so much for shutting down corruption of immigration and ........LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1