BANGKOK 18 August 2019 07:58
Tanoshi

Marriage/Retirement - Interpretations explained.

12 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I can see no reason that after a number of years retired or married, and not having problems with the law, PR could not be extended

PR is extended for life, every 5 years, even after retirement.

The whole system needs a modern overhaul. Now could be the time to do it!

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:
23 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Until published in a police order that isn’t certain.

It's always been 3 months seasoning for other than the first application

Until the last police order was issued, when it changed.

32 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

In this particularly case, being part of a minority seems to have a rather positive outcome.

They tend to be on Business, Entrepreneur, Investment or Elite Visas.

Nothing to stop you going down that route if you want.

I gotta laugh. Just got 40 notifications on this post and 98% drivel back biting miserable negative and pointscoring. Exactly the way you describe the people you are criticizing 5555

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

For what it's worth, I think Immigration have completely misinterpreted this new order 35/2562.

For funds method I believe the new order was only changing the requirement of 60 days, to 2 months for the very first application, then confirming thereafter it was 3 months seasoning before the next application.

However because of the ambiguously written order that has been interpreted as keeping 800K deposited in a Thai bank for 3 months, directly after the extension is issued.

Perhaps this meeting will clarify the order. 

Let’s hope so.

I understand the reason for the changes, but they really have over complicated things!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

For what it's worth, I think Immigration have completely misinterpreted this new order 35/2562.

For funds method I believe the new order was only changing the requirement of 60 days, to 2 months for the very first application, then confirming thereafter it was 3 months seasoning before the next application.

However because of the ambiguously written order that has been interpreted as keeping 800K deposited in a Thai bank for 3 months, directly after the extension is issued.

Perhaps this meeting will clarify the order. 

Not so sure on that. I thought the 3 months held in the bank was to stop the agent 1 day in and next day back out again scene.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

Until the last police order was issued, when it changed.

Not according to Immigration, although that's what the English translation suggests.

Order 35/22562 hasn't replaced order 327/2557, it's in addition to that order with minor changes and supposed to clarify the process, but appears to have had the opposite effect.

They should be read together as one …….. confusing I know, but, that was the explanation given.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Nothing to stop you going down that route if you want.

No thanks, happy with the actual system, which I use since many years.

No need to have any amount on a Thai bankbook.

Can transfer the amount  I want, when I want.

Can even use Transferwise now, without having  to worry how the funds will be indicated on my bankbook.

Hope it will continue this way.

That and the 800 has to remain for 3 months after the extension is granted. So basically you have to keep balance of not less than 800k 6 monthso f the year and 400k the other 6 months.

Probably better to just make that 800K  year round unless some unforeseen emergency expense  arises.  If you move out the 400K after the 3 months are up you will only have to put it back again 6 months later. The opportunity costs of having 400K in a Thai bank vs otherwise  invested aren't going to be much with only  a 6 month time period in which to do so and you'd incur 2 extra transfer and currency exchange costs. Plus have to be sure to remember when to put the money back in. Likely much more trouble than it is worth.

Guys, thank you so much for your input, it’s a relief to have what thought was right, thank you again. Also noted leaving the 800k in is the best option. That what I had done in the past years . Last year due to circumstances I to use some of the monies . My understanding was the total had be in my Thai account for 2 months . WRONG from there it just turned out a stressful situation, basically caused by me.

Now I was hoping for some feed back on another query . I have a half share in a combo worth about 2 million with my wife , is there a perversion in the act as it stands at present , that I could use that half share as collateral in the future ? Again thank you all for you input.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not so sure on that. I thought the 3 months held in the bank was to stop the agent 1 day in and next day back out again scene.

That was a suggestion for the changes and only speculation.